After a long time of doing not much with the car (apart from driving it) I have FINALLY put some parts on the car that I've had sitting around for ages.
I got hold of another dash, a tacho dash although it was missing the proper clear plastic front (it had one from a clock dash on it, it has a hole in the clear plastic where the clock time adjustor thingo sticks through, the tacho one is just smooth) i got it cheap, it also came with a speedo which I used (my old odometer occasionally sticks).
So i got both dashes out, and started to make one new dash. First I took the 'new' speedo out and disassembled it and wound the clock back to match the one in the car (140,000km or so). Then I cleaned up the VERY dusty new dash, checked out all the bulbs etc and installed it. Hrmm only half of the lights on the dash lit up, i took it out and after some looking at the PCB on the back i noticed a small crack. So I sanded it back a little and soldered over it, fixed!
As for the clear plastic cover, well I hacksawed the two clock dash covers I had into pieces and used the part that usually covers the fuel and temp gauges on the right to cover the tacho on the left. This eliminated the ugly hole where the clock adjustor goes
It's a nardi classic 36cm in wood finish. I got a boss kit and bolted it on, done haha!
Not much to this one, bolted in the mechanical parts, wired it up to a bosch coil i had from something else, fired it up all good! Seems to idle smoother, not driven it yet but i have high hopes!
I've been looking for these for a while, there are 2 choke cables needed for the twin SU's but I've never had them, as a result i have the idle set really high so it doesn't stall when it's cold. Now I've got these I can set the idle and so on properly! I just need to make a bracket to hold the lever next to the steering column where it's supposed to go