Update from the weekend, I was able to get about 12 hours in.
- Extended the engine stands to make them a bit higher for the rotisserie (Bit of a Frankenstein now but they work
- Picked up the new/old back of another Datsun, seemed a bit criminal to chop it up but it was destined for the tip. Some people might see a pile of $%^* but there are some treasures in there. Will be cutting out the rear quarters
- Also picked up some of the lower replacement panels for the rear quarters, left and right sides.
- Spent a HUGE amount of time scraping off the body/sound deadener. I'd say by the end of this week it will be all completed, time permitting of course. I'm getting the body blasted as well and think I might be going a bit overboard removing it, but I'm trying to remove every last square mm of the stuff. If I'm making the effort for this crappy job then it might as well be 100%
Plan for this upcoming week:
- Get the panel beater over to check out the progress and maybe some advice for the rear quarters
- Finish scraping off the sound/body deadener
- Start stripping the bonnet
- Pick up the guards and boot lid from the blasters, then off to the panel beater for a blast of etch primer
Lot's of fun and am starting to make some great progress. Not to many pics as it's kind of boring to look at something minus some sound/body deadener....
Pics attached, the one of the underside of the car was on sat lunchtime before I got stuck into the deadener