Bit of an update.
I have completely rebuilt the pedal box, The before and after pics of the procedure. The box was dismantled, garnet blasted and re-powder coated. Came up quite well. Every nut and bolt scrubbed and re-greased. New rubbers etc.
The fuel tank has been stripped and is off being powder coated at the moment. I will have it back this week and will post up some pics.
Lots of rust work. I have repaired 2 main sections here. You can see in the pics some rust cut out and also repaired one of the small rails. Little bit more left on it. A huge amount of welding as well. I think I'm 99% done for the stitch welding now
I really enjoyed that job. I have run out of migshield so will have to grab my 3rd bottle next week. It seems I get about month out of the bottle....
Big thanks to Jono on the forums for hooking me up with a really nice grille and chrome bit under the grille (Not sure what it's called), will get it dipped and prettied up!
Have the Mad Dat engine mounts scheduled to arrive this week as well. The joys of removing the old SR engine mount under the turbo.... There was one bolt directly under the turbo that took a good 45 mins to get off. It was so stupidly tight. I tried every tool I had as well as CRC/WD40 etc.... Anyway some grazed knuckles later and it's off!
Actually although I don't have the front struts I actually have enough bits for a test fit of the engine so that might be high on the list over the xmas break.
All feedback welcome.