So hasn't been much happening on the old 411 since moving house. Always takes a while to find that day where you have time to track down all the stuff you've lost while moving.
A few weeks ago I spoke to my mate about enlisting his dads help with the motor side of things. He said he could help out so I dropped in there today to give him a look at the head.
He pulled out his valve puller and we removed the valve retainers so I could get the valves out so the head can be acid dipped.
Once the lever pulls the valve spring down, you can lever out the little wedge style retainers (that's what im calling them);
Once the wedge is removed the valve springs and cover come off
Each valve had a small rubber part to it which fell apart when I tried to remove them, so I'm assuming (hoping) they will be easy to track down some new
Before removing the valves, I was told to identify the valves by marking them with a centre punch, 1 punch on each of the first 2 valves, 2 on the 2nd, 3 on the 3rd (pictured), 4th blank
Now I can get the head acid dipped and cleaned up.
Still deciding whether to re-ring the bottom end, will get my mates old man to check out the bores and go from there.
Pretty uninspiring update, but good to get some traction on this thing. Once motor is on it's way I'll strip the engine bay and get all nuts etc plated then probably repaint the bay in the original colour.
Drop the motor in and get it started, then move onto the brakes/suspension.