Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: 200b 4 noobie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:47 pm 

Hey guys

I have owned a few cars in my time but for every single car i have owned i have taken it somewhere for someone else to build and spent big bucks doing so..
I wanted to learn and what better way then buying a project car..

i have 0 mechanical knowledge 0 body work skills but i feel I'm a easy learner and eager to learn everything out there.. so sorry if i ask stupid questions ...

ok so bit of a back story - i have always wanted to get a project car for yrs now and i have always been a datto fan .. all my mates are into cars and all have nice old school rigs... i was out on the drink with them on Saturday night got completely wasted .. Sunday i woke feeling like death and that lasted all day.. Sunday night approx 11.09pm my phone goes off with a notification " congratulations on winning the auction" i was like HUH - and thats how i bought a 200b .

i bought it obviously sight unseen and it has yet to turn up yet - (GET MY CAR) is picking it up for me next week...
i have spoken to old owner via the phone who tells me the car is a solid car with just some minor rust near the left hand tail light ( see pics below)
he also said it has a suspected blown head gasket and the needle in the carby has gotten stuck but it will start and drive ..

I'm not sure of my plans and I'm really not sure what i have bought lol .
i have no idea what yr model it is but i do know it was last registered in VIC in 08 and spent its life in the country ...
i don't know what i have gotten myself into I'm so completely lost / useless I'm scared :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i can do the basic stuff like oil changes etc etc but nothing else ...
I'm here to learn I'm here to read I'm here to ask stupid questions...

to me in the pics it looks straight but you datto nuts might see issues ... ( don't have engine bay pic will upload tomorrow)

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
s-l1600.jpg [ 162.74 KiB | Viewed 1944 times ]
[ attachment ]
s-l1600-2.jpg [ 148.31 KiB | Viewed 1944 times ]
[ attachment ]
s-l1600-3.jpg [ 142.61 KiB | Viewed 1944 times ]
[ attachment ]
s-l1600-5.jpg [ 103.55 KiB | Viewed 1944 times ]
[ attachment ]
s-l1600-4.jpg [ 162.15 KiB | Viewed 1944 times ]

Post subject: Re: 200b 4 noobie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:50 pm 

Looks clean mate! Looks like a good buy. Welcome to Ozdat. Plenty of knowledge on here and guy's to help out with mechanical stuff etc. Plenty of threads showing how the average bloke (myself included) has had a crack at some easy and significant body work without any major issues!

Learning is all part of the fun, ask plenty of questions as you go and it should work out fine!

Previous Car: Restored Green 1972 Datsun 510, Hot L18

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:28 pm 

Looks like a good solid base.
Now tell us what the plans are? I assume get it running and then modification bug will strike?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:08 pm 

yeah i want to get it running and fixed up so it will pass a NSW blueslip for rego..
then i will start saving the pennies for a SR conversion or maybe a rotary (always wanted one)