Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: 1974 120y 2 Door Sedan
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:04 pm 

Hey guys, this probably wont compare to some of the other 2 doors on this forum but my dad and I have been working on restoring this 1974 120y 2 Door Sedan.

Here are a few pics of her when we started.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

We bought 3 120ys for a few hundred bucks. We got this one, a 4 door 120y and a 120y coupe. The original color for the car was a creamy yellow color as seen under the bonnet. The original owners also resprayed it this dreadful orange color and honestly did a real crappy job on it, bits of paint are flaking off everywhere. Other then that it's been left very stock: original A12 motor and 4 speed manual.

Here are a few pictures of it currently.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

I plan to finish the car in a Mazda Soul Red paint. Thanks to the lads here that helped me pick this color. Also I plan to rebuild the current motor and turn it into a 1500. Throw a 5 speed transmission in as well and it'd be a ripper! Also the customary lowering and front lip will eventually make their way in.
Hopefully it'll scrub up to be something similar to trb012's 120y although probably not as beast mode.

Anyway, hopefully someone likes it :? Tell me what you think!?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:08 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Good to see another 2 door getting some attention looking forward to seeing the progress :thumbsup:

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:04 pm 

Thanks man! :) She should turn out very nice. I'll make sure I keep posting on here so everyone can check on my progress.
BTW I love your 2 door, looks epic.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:26 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Thanks mate have you priced up the mazda red yet? I was originally going to paint mine velocity red which is a mazda 3 color. My mate who painted the car priced it up and it was close to $800 a litre :chaching: Also if your on facebook search b210 2 door sedan registry it's a page I setup for 2 door sedan owners.

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:51 pm 

I just did a brief pricing for the paint online and the site tells me about $250 for an enamel type paint. I'm not sure if that's in USD or AUD and it doesn't say anything about the size of the tin. $800 sounds pretty pricy for a litre, you'd hope it looks nice. I'll take a look at the Facebook page it sounds pretty cool! :D