Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:59 pm 

Hazzadat wrote:
Sorry guys for the poor pic quality, all taken on my phone... But this is the progress thus far. Basically, I want a bumblebee... and the mags are going to have a gloss black centre with a polished lip
Looking good mate, I like it!

I may be biased though, owning a bumblebee Stanza with black wheels myself... Been thinking about getting an Autobots badge for it, I mean Bumblebee was a Datto for a bit in the latest Transformers! :lol:

Just curious, what did you have to do to get the Bluey 'box in there? As far as I know Stanzas run a shorter gearbox?

'63 Holden EH
'02 Grand Vitara
'91 EB Falcon
'91 EA Falcon S
'86 Range Rover
'98 Pulsar
'95 ZZR1100

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:43 pm 

Looking mad, love the rear spoiler where did you get it from, i was thinking about putting one on the rally car but less down force or the rear the better bit of opp lock as you would know after seeing you at the speedway in mareeba

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:49 pm 

Hazzadat wrote:
Ahaha cheers :)

Aww gosh, and I thought I was being original :P Was it bright yellow as well? :P
My old Stanza also had the fluffy dice, and was yellow :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:11 pm 

JohnnoEH wrote:
Hazzadat wrote:
Sorry guys for the poor pic quality, all taken on my phone... But this is the progress thus far. Basically, I want a bumblebee... and the mags are going to have a gloss black centre with a polished lip
Looking good mate, I like it!

I may be biased though, owning a bumblebee Stanza with black wheels myself... Been thinking about getting an Autobots badge for it, I mean Bumblebee was a Datto for a bit in the latest Transformers! :lol:

Just curious, what did you have to do to get the Bluey 'box in there? As far as I know Stanzas run a shorter gearbox?
Haha thanks, yeah i guess i wasnt original as i thought i was :D And yes! Hopefully it may look a bit like the 1600 off of transformers, I'm going to have a different stripe package though :)

As for the bluey box, the tail shaft had to be shortened. Alls i did was take it down to the fitter turner shop, provided a measurement from the rear of the gear box to the back of the dif, and the bloke chopped, welded and balanced it for 120 bucks w/ trade discount. The 4 speed gearbox mount also had to be cut and rewelded, and had to make up some spacers to lower it down a bit. Also had to chop a little bit out of the transmission tunnel at the rear. :)
Scommo wrote:
Looking mad, love the rear spoiler where did you get it from, I was thinking about putting one on the rally car but less down force or the rear the better bit of opp lock as you would know after seeing you at the speedway in mareeba
Ahaha thanks, i made the spoiler myself... Theres a thread on here somewhere about it. Basically got the orginal boot, glued some foam together, shaped it, bogged it... also made a fibreglass mould of it, but it doesnt have hinges etc. hahaha yeah i dont think itd be much chop in terms of giving you downforce :P It just looks pretty i think. Yeah, from mareeba are you? Im moving to townsville next year so i dont think ill get much of a chance to race speedway.

Actually, just saw your location is townsville... haha might see you next year. Also, thats a fair way to travel to see speedway!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:08 pm 

Ah sounds sweet might do it for my track car, and only moved down here in april, was up in mossy when i went up to speedway we race our rally cars around the trees over the back

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:41 pm 

Scommo wrote:
Looking mad, love the rear spoiler where did you get it from, I was thinking about putting one on the rally car but less down force or the rear the better bit of opp lock as you would know after seeing you at the speedway in mareeba
It's a Stanza rally car, wing or not you'll be getting plenty of oppo lock whether you like it or not! :thumbsup:

What are plans for the motor dude? Either way it should be a sweet car, it could always use some Webers though... :D

'63 Holden EH
'02 Grand Vitara
'91 EB Falcon
'91 EA Falcon S
'86 Range Rover
'98 Pulsar
'95 ZZR1100

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:57 pm 

Ahaha yeah thats true!
Well, the motor already has a 32/36 webber, flat top pistons, a mild cam and an electronic dizzy...
I think ill leave it in that state for a little while since i dont think ill have mega funds anytime soon, id love to give it a bit of a freshen up but i suppose that'll have to wait.
Id also like to have some sort of lsd but thats not likely, might have to have an open centre and locked centre to swap in and out whenever.
The cars been put on a bit of a hold fora week or so, need some dosh for christmas! :P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:36 pm 

Well.. no real update as per say... Buuut, started wet sanding the yellow to get rid of some orange peel before the clear. Also wanted to show you guys the sideskirts that i scored, theyre of a camira or pintara or something, who knows. But they fit the wheel wells on either side, ive just got to shorten them up in the middle! Ahaha to keep up my motivation i thought id do some laps around the workshop :D The 5 speed conversion feeeeels gooood! Feels like its got shorter ratios, but that might just be in my head. :lol:

[ img ]

Single pegger.

[ img ]

:)

[ img ]

Side skirts

[ img ]

Side Skirts

And i keep getting people asking me if my spoiler is off a Torana or something... No... just no.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:36 pm 

Looking Good, are you going to have it in townsville once you move down ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:10 am 

Guys Im looking for which rear springs will work in my stanza as you all know they are to steady, im seaking springs that will give make the rear end a bit stiffer, i was informed the ford xr3 springs might work.

Any idea ?

Attachments:
File comment: my dato
[ attachment ]
Dato 3.jpg [ 226.88 KiB | Viewed 2920 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:50 pm 

Uhmm... id suggest going to your local fulcrum suspension shop, and asking about some king springs and anti roll bars? Or chop the standard ones, which makes them stiffer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:31 pm 

Anyways... back to my car. Ahhhhhhh finally getting there, sanded the whole car in 800 wet and dry for so sososososoososo long to get rid of all the orange peel and finally got a couple coats of clear on. Dad got a few runs in the clear... again... so theyve been sanded back and the entire car was cleared again. Looking good i think, just bolting it all back together and and all the odd jobs. Just have to paint the spoiler since it hasnt really been progressing...

[ img ]
All wet and dry'd down, ready for clear.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]
Painting the grille

[ img ]
Somewhat close to being paintable

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:34 pm 

looking sicker every day

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:42 pm 

Ahahah thanks, yeah thats the idea. Ive gotten stuck into it to try and get it done. Went for a roadworth today, but it got pulled up on:
-Race belts (well duh hahahaha)
-Cracks in the dash (wtf? i have no idea why this is necessary to be fixed for a roady)
-Wiper blades are hard, i expected as much.
-Small electrical faults, ie relays for low beams
-Sway bar bushes
-And some interior trim is missing ie handle surrounds... i dont know why this is essential but hohkay!

Anywhos, heres some pics of it essentially done. Once it comes back from roady and its registered, ill be slapping on some 16"s and maybe be dealing a slight... spring chop :D

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]
Shiniest bashplate in town :P

[ img ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:07 pm 

got everything you need to solve rwc problems?