Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:52 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:21 pm 

lovely stanza! I like the color!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:29 pm 

Thanks yeah I quite like the colour, if/when I do a full respray it will be in the same colour.

[ img ]

I jetted/tuned the carb, goes good. Other than that it has just been general maintenance/servicing, nothing special.

I have also been doing a bit of research into future modification. So far the plan is to get another car as a daily driver so that I can make a more long term project out of the Stanza. The hard part is deciding on exactly what I want the car to be. At this stage I think I want a quick, good handling, fun weekend driver. This means that I will be able to sacrifice comfort/practicality/economy and go for something a little more raw.

With this in mind the preliminary list of future mods looks something like this:

- Old school jap racing mags (maybe 15s) with sticky tires.
- Upgraded brakes (not sure on details yet).
- Upgraded suspension ie. stiffer, lower gear all around.
- LSD
- 5 speed box
- Other relevant supporting mods
- Engine...

I like the oldschool/retro appeal of the car and I plan on sticking with an L-series. It will be something along these lines:

- L20b
- Standard bottom end
- Mild camshaft
- Supporting headwork (valvesprings, lash pads, bit of porting/polishing, etc)
- Progressive 32/36 weber
- lighter flywheel

I want to do it myself as much as possible. The only thing I won't/can't do would be machining.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:37 pm 

Well well haven't I been quiet lately...

Hmm I just re-read my last post for the first time in a long while. I may have been a little hasty and somewhat bold in the plans I laid out. Lets say that I haven't quite cut-sick on the Stanza just yet.

I'm now working full time (have been all year) and I don't have the spare time I had when I was still a student. Also I now have a girlfriend - enough said I'm sure.

Anyway the car:

[ img ]

The car is very much a daily driver, it is my only car and will remain that way for the foreseeable future. Recently I put in some King Springs (low) which have dropped the car about an inch or so (exactly what I was after). I really like them so far, they are a definite handling improvement over stock. Perhaps they will benefit from a slightly heavier set of shocks but I'll see how they go.

I know some people aren't real keen on the progressive King Springs but they seem great to me and the price was pretty reasonable. It is a street car after all.

The engine. I picked up an L20b from a bluebird which will hopefully find it's way into the stanza some time this year. I'm currently looking for a 5 speed to sit behind it. I still need to have a look inside and assess it's condition, I'll post the results.

So yeah, that about sums it up. A little more time and a little more money and she'll be about where I want her. At least until I get a get a major cash injection (as if).

Cheers