Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:43 pm 

Hello! I'm Mark from Washington state, USA. I'm located near Seattle, WA. for those who know where that is, On the western coast!

I purchased a '79 "510" from a lady here locally for $500 just over a year ago now...

Day 1 - Just got it home. Before I cleaned it up a little.

[ img ]

A friend of mine had a '92 Nissan 240SX that he wanted to put an SR into. I swapped the SR in and he paid me with his KA24DE! Sweet!

[ img ]

[ img ]

How she sits today:

[ img ]

[ img ]

The time has come where I want to get serious about making the car handle very well. Instead of "reinventing the wheel" and finding out what works by trial-and-error, I'd like to ask fellow Stanza enthusiasts what is upgradable by interchanging parts and how to do it.

First off, for those who have swapped in a KA, CA, or SR - what did you do about your front sway bar? My sway bar (or stabilizer bar, unsure what you guys call it?) makes contact with the front of my oil pan, and appears to be a hazard.
Is there an option to replace the stock one with a better one for performance and clearance for a larger engine, or is this a custom piece i need to fab up?

Next, What about front suspension? I really enjoy the idea of building my own Do-It-Yourself coilovers using 280ZX front struts, after market coilovers, and collars. But, is there a better solution for this? I believe I read somewhere some folks put S13 front suspension in a Stanza.... What? How!?

Rear end..... Of course I can get a H190 with disc brakes from a S110, but I hear you guys get crazy and make an old turbo'd Volvo rear end fit back there. Anyone know what I need to make this happen?

To "properly" lower the rear of the Stanza I hear you can use S13 Silvia/180sx/200sx/240sx springs? Truth? or internet bullshit?

Steering gear, AKA, steering rack. power steering... can this be done?

Is it possible to use S13 front lower control arms? That way I can use bigger brakes, upgraded suspension, and possibly steering rack instead of steering box.

If anyone can please lend more info on parts interchangeability, I would be grateful! There is a (very) limited amount of knowledge on the Stanza here in USA.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:04 pm 

S13 rear springs fit stanza. Im using them.

King springs here in aus list same part number for rear stanza low and s13.

Diy front coilovers with 300zx shocks work. Just need to trim strut tubes. Why go s13 if no need.

Welcome and yeeee hawwwww