Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:04 pm 

G'day all, I'm Geoff form Hobart Tasmania, I inherited a 1980 Datsun Stanza from my grandmother in Sept '14, she upgraded for a 93 EB SII Falcon and the Stanza was getting past the point where it needed a bit. My great grandparents brought it new on the 9/7/1980, it was either this or a Jaguar. They chose the datsun as it really suited there needs, was a looker :thumbsup: and cheap!

My great grandfather passed away in 1999, leaving the car to sit until 2004. between 1980 and 1999, the car was regurally serviced, even though it did f*ck all, my dad said the oil was like brand new every time he took the dipstick out. 2004 my nan sold her Nissan Pintara to take over the legacy of the datsun. when i got the car last year it had 191,000 KMS on it, the car is 100% stock, even down to the floor mats! but has an immobilizer installed. Ive put a whole 2KM on the car as im only 15 and can only do 54545212414542 point turns in the back yard :thumbsup:
My mum did drive it on and off in the past decade, thats what led to the messed up front bar.....

Here is some pics!

[ img ]
Before the front bar got messed up

[ img ]
:thumbsup:

[ img ]
after a wash, note the front bar...

[ img ]

[ img ]
Shmick!

The car did run but im dealing with electrical dramas at the minute

I also Own 2 other cars, which are both Chrysler Mitsubishi's