Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Re: H230 260c sedan
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:33 pm 

Hey man, I now own the cream 260c (Have done since about June-ish 2018)
Its been parked up pretty much since then, apart from when I drove it from QLD to Melbourne where its now parked up haha.

Might be a bit of a long shot but are you able to tell me what you ended up repairing on the car and what shock modifications you ended up doing ?

Ive noticed what seems is to be worn rear wheel bearings, the master cylinder reservoirs still have a leak, most of the bushes seem to be shot and its bouncier than a trampoline to drive - I cant tell if its worn front shocks or if its because king lowering springs were installed the front ?

Would be great to hear from you !

Its a slick cruiser. In the process of doing the rust repairs now.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: H230 260c sedan
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:36 pm 

Update:

Found the car extremely bouncy to drive.
Finally got around to replacing the front shocks..
Turns out the drivers side front shock top hat was loose with about 10mm play. The front passenger shock had 20mm play on the top hat which also had white silicone caked on to keep the nut on, and the bottom of the shock was only held on by 1 bolt.. with the second bolt glued on :lol:

Off to the mechanics next week to get the lower control arm shock absorber mounting nut replaced, the rear wheel bearings replaced (Hopefully its not the diff), front tie rods replaced and all the ball joints replaced.

All of the suspension bushes seem to be shot, so Ive managed to buy a random selection of Nolothane bushes through Repco at staff price (nice saving) however front the subframe ones are proving difficult - Nissan reckon discontinued.

Wondering if anyone has a part catalogue for one of these so its possible to try cross reference ???

Next on the stage is take it in to get some small rust bits taken care of, and then Ill be trying to chase down a boot seal (the old one is pretty much half disintegrated) and all 4 of the outside weather strips for the door glass.

Car seems to run a lot better,
Plugs changed, air filter changed and the lever on the air intake filter house flicked to open the intake more