Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:27 pm 

Hi all, well the P430 - 280C I purchased from Tandata is finally ready for a RWC.

Had my first drive of it today after owning it for 2 months. Got a 20 day permit to drive it for testing and to get work done if needed after RWC check, then Club Plates, ready for Datsun Day.

I have forgotten how well these drive, power with comfort. I would compare it equally with the Benz we have, except for airbags and a lot of other things, but on the road it is fantastic. I have owned a 240C Coupe in the past but this is far better.

I shall keep road testing for 20 days then put it on club plates, 90 days for 12 months registration.

Hayden had pulled some of the rear suspension and brake lines and rear brake calipers off, he put some of it back on to get it on to a trailer. The problem was the brake lines were damaged on removal, but having a spare P430 sitting in the same shed it was easy to steal bits off that and then lastly bleed the brakes and all was fine. Refitting the rear sway bar was fun using jack stands and crawling under the car a million times.

It pisses me off as I had sold a hoist only 6 months ago and that would have made life easy, oh well hindsight is a marvellous thing.

Just a reminder, am dismantling a '79 P430 if anybody needs parts, these cars are getting harder to get parts for as the only reason I got the second one was I needed a drivers door glass, LOL I got one with a great car, thanks Hayden.

Cheers Jack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:22 pm 

Awesome that youve got yours on the road again,

Have you got any pics of the spares car inside and out as i may need a few bits and pieces.

B210 120Y Sedan - FJ20ET Race Car Build
H230 Wagon / Van - LD28 Turbo powered - restoration to start

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:29 pm 

I do not have many pics of the spare car, it is green with a grey interior, PM me what parts you may need as a few bits are gone, depends what you are after. Freight cost can be a problem to NZ at your cost naturally.

Cheers Jack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:40 pm 

Well after that first drive and a clean of the engine bay, the alternator sh*t itself. All dash warning lights were on like a xmas tree. Had the original unit overhauld and fitted it today, all good again. Went for another drive and extremely happy with the Datto, need to get full speed wirers fixed then a RWC for club plates. Lucky I have a spare car for parts.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:13 am 

All fixed, RWC Thursday along with reg, ready for Datsun Day.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:25 pm 

Had an R31 Pintara as my first car. Cleaned the engine bay and a couple of days later the alternator died.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:32 pm 

The brushes were worn out, so had it fully rebuilt with original parts. Not a big thing, glad it happened at home rather than on the road somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:35 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

A rebuilt alternator is not a bad thing to have. I won't be able to make it to Datsun Day but hopefully some pictures will end up on here of your car.

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:54 pm 

Got the RWC today so club reg Monday. Will be at Datsun Day in Yarra Glen tomorrow. Go Dattos.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:30 pm 

Was a great day at the Datsun Day, very hot, left at 1.30 and was good to meet a few members and catch up with a few mates.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:27 pm 

Great news, the car is now registered on club permit plates. Did a lot of Ks in it today and it cruises beautifully on the freeway at 110kph and I came home over the hills from Warragul to Yarra Junction and was amazed how flat it corners, no lean like the Fairlanes or Yank tanks etc, and I was pumping it, very impressed. The standard 4 wheel disc brakes work real well, no fade at all, even got the front tyres squealing on corners LOL, young at heart, was a fun day.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:03 pm 

Well its been a while since I posted here.
My wife Jo drove the 280C for the first time on Tuesday this week. She was amazed how well it drove and also the amount of standard things in the car. Her daily is a M Benz, she compared the car as equal to that in comfort and ease of driving.
So I am pleased with all that and look forward to many more tours in the car.
Happy wife, happy life. I may be able to spend a few more $$$$$$ on the P430 now.
Cheers Jack.