Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: My 1983 430 280c
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:44 am 

Hi I'm Davey and from the uk and this is my 280c. I have been restoring this car and I'm in need of a few parts to finish it.

It's only done 64,000 miles and is in very good condition but I needs a carburettor desperately but I'm not to sure what make the carb is someone told me niki but I'm not convinced. Maybe someone on here might be able to help me.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

My fresh refurbished wheels

[ img ]

Here is the carburettor if anyone can identify it for me

[ img ]

[ img ]

Post subject: Re: My 1983 430 280c
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:32 pm 

Hi Davey
Davey
Very nice looking 280c there. Very low Kms, we work in Kilometres over here, but just over 100K is very low for one of these. Its obvious the British cars got a few extras we did not here in Oz. For instance the headlight wipers and near side rear view mirror. Has it got a rear AC unit?
Unfortunately you also got a completely different carb to the one we got. You were ahead of us on pollution control so the carb in yours has got all that extra junk to reduce pollution like the BCDD valve. These means we cannot go out to the shed and read the carby brand in our cars. To make it worse mine is fuel injected.
Either way I have never been happy with these carbs.(I did own a carb version once). I think they were a very poor performing carb and there must be some much better options for you. For instance a downdraft dual throat Weber was used on many cars out here and probably over there as well. Would be very easy to adapt. Now the L28 was also fitted to the early Nissan Patrols out here and I know that the Patrol guys chuck the original carb in the bin and fit Holley's etc. I believe you can get an adapter plate to do this. Check on ebay as I am sure I have seen them there. Also check the Nissan Patrol forums.
Of course I am assuming you do not have to put your car through some sort of emission test. Not necessary out here but Europe can be a bit more demanding.
Keep up the good work. Great to see a Cedric in good nick in Europe.

By the way the decision to separate from the EU was correct. Allows us Aussies & Kiwis to sell more food and wine to you. He He!

Regards
Brian