I've had a chance to work on the car this past weekend and managed to get patch panels put in on the front of the bonnet and the lower front parts of the sills. I still have to weld up the small holes in the front guards and the doors but the major rust repairs are well underway.
Bonnet rust 3.jpg [ 342.3 KiB | Viewed 1892 times ]
I had a couple of issues when I moved the car which have cropped up just from it sitting for 8 months:
1. The brakes don't work at all. The pedal goes straight to the floor with minimal resistance.
--- I think this is probably a sign of a stuffed master cylinder, as it doesn't look like any of the calipers or wheel cylinders are leaking. I'll try bleeding it next weekend, but I fear I'm in for a new master cylinder.
--- Does anyone know if the 260z master cylinder the same as the 260c?
2. My dubious quality Chinese Weber 38/38 DGES seems to be blocked up or not adjusted properly.
--- The car idles fine, but any throttle whatsoever causes it to make this wheezing noise from the carby and it dies.
--- Little tiny 1% throttle blips were possible without dying, in order to get the car to move, but any more than that and it would fall on its face.
--- I suspect the float height is not set correctly. I've found a few guides on the net but I'm not sure if the Chinese version is identical
Anyway, up next weekend is to fix the carby issue, fix the remaining rust, paint the door jams, put the carpet in... that's probably all I'll have time for TBH haha
1976 Datsun 260c
1990 Nissan Silvia S13 (LS1 swapped)
1993 Mazda MX-5 NA6 (was KLDE swapped, now turbo BP)