Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:39 am 

ive recently bought a 280 off an old guy who happened to live not too far from where i am.
im pretty sure he did most of the work on the car himself. and i do know that he bogged and repainted, so now its badgeless.

instead of replacing the seals for the t- top he decided to make do with silicone... and failed as it still leaks.
he also raised the car as it was "too low for speed bumps". so im going to run s13 coilovers in the rear, and modifying the front coilovers so that they fit (just not too sure on how exactly to go about it, if not ill run coilovers in the rear and kings in the front and get new shocks)

im thinking about trying to find a reconditioned L28 to replace the existing as we bent the sump due to the car slipping off the jack.
making the crank arms bash the sh*t out of the sump when we started it.

if i cant find an L28 (and manual running gear) i was thinking about trying to put in an RB30. i have heard that they should bolt virtually straight in but id like to get some feedback on this.

im also looking to try and find bolt on guards, a new front lip and a small duck tail type wing.

at the moment im running 15x10 meshies that just poke the guards.

i should ba able to put up pictures soon.