Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: the ugly car
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:38 am 

Quote:
haha after seeing that pic i feel a lot better about owning a 200b
i have to drive an ugly car because im so damn good-looking, if i drove a nice car it would cause major traffic accidents from all the drool coming out of the chicks mouths as i drive past playing foooly sik tunes out the subwoofer...

seriously questions thou:
is there a simple way of modifying the carby so the secondary is opened with the throttle cable and not vacum? i was told it can be done just with a screw, but after looking at it i think its that easy.

also, has anyone here made there own custom[twin or single carbie] inlet manifold? is it easy? do you have any tips?--i have welded with aluminium before, but not that much. or am i just stupid thinking i can do it myself?

thanx everyone for there responses!--may all your burnouts be fully sick!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:39 pm 

haha :oops:! god i'm dumb...

The 1600

Recommended traders: Nissanman, pro240c, 2door510, Datsport, mkyle, Green510, Um_510, jdmdatsun510, Ludachris

Last edited by 1600dave on Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:53 pm 

Wrong thread dave? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:44 am 

if you're re-doing the head - try and get an E15 turbo head - they flow much better than the NA heads for some unknown reason (biogger valves? better port design?). i've seen the direct comparison between the NA head and the turbo head on an engine and i can tell you, the difference was not just in power, but in midrange torque too.

The Republic of Western Australia -
Propping up the Nation's Economy since 1901.

Post subject: got some pics
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:49 am 

i took theise pics in december, ive just been a lazy cnt and havnt pulled them off the camera.

progress has been made since then but very little and only on the body. i snapped two headbolts [and a bolt on the thermostat housing] putting it back together and have kinda given up on the engine for now.
Quote:
if you're re-doing the head - try and get an E15 turbo head - they flow much better than the NA heads for some unknown reason (biogger valves? better port design?). i've seen the direct comparison between the NA head and the turbo head on an engine and i can tell you, the difference was not just in power, but in midrange torque too.
the idea has popped in my head[excuse the pun] to go for the ET, but i have some questions:
will the same manifold bolt on, or do i have to go EFI?--i dont want efi, injections are for the driver, not the car.
i heard there is a carby turbo for the 1982 exa using the et head, is that true? does it use same carby/manifold?
when i took the head to get skimmed, it cost me $50, an exchange head from the same place was going to set me back around $300, what would i be looking at paying for an ET head?--sure they somtimes appear in the quakka but how thrashed?
with the ET head, can i go without the turbo? i assume so because there were NA exas....

also i managed to modify the carbie, removing the vacume from the secondary and making it open with the throttle, but because the car is not together, i dont know if it will work...

I did notice however the Z31 targa bits will fit perfectly, ,i got an angle grinder!--dads gonna be pissed off come winter when hes going to want his targa roof back!--putting the targa top on would be possibly the only way to get that car to not look so bad.

i'll put more pics up somtime. like i said those pics were taken in december, so if i take some now they may get online by may!

thanx for all your responses!
CARTENZ

Attachments:
File comment: head removed--has since been skimmed and well two headbolts snapped putting it back on. yes i am an idiot for not using a torque wrench
[ attachment ]
IMG_2547.jpg [ 26.48 KiB | Viewed 2510 times ]
File comment: the interior removed--i was amazed there wasnt more junk in there than there was
[ attachment ]
IMG_2549.jpg [ 23.41 KiB | Viewed 2510 times ]
File comment: the car itself--with bits removed.
[ attachment ]
IMG_2551.jpg [ 24.48 KiB | Viewed 2510 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:30 am 

Heya carten10

You don't happen to have the workshop manual for the n10 pulsar that includes the A14 do you?

There's something I want to look up in there - about the distributor.

If you've got it maybe we can work something out about scanning the dizzy pages?

Not even ebay has one for sale....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:58 pm 

I just picked up my 1982 Datsun Nissan Pulsar two door coupe with that funny looking curved hatch glass. It's complete and registered N.S.W.5 speed with airconditioning 1500cc (1488cc).I was just wondering, What they are worth? Ron.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:57 pm 

OMG :shock:
so i'm not the only one in the whole of Australia with an N10 . :lol: