Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: seat rails / runners
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:09 pm 

Just checking what Ill need before I purchase a pair of seats for the 1600.

I have the floor mount brackets and was wondering if i actually need the rails and runners to mount a pair of buckets.
I have heard that TENZO race seats bolt straight in but didnt know if i needed to have the rails and runners to make the seats adjustable?

Any advice would be welcomed. Legally do I need the seat to adjust and does anyone know of any seats that bolt straight on or require minimal adjustment? And Lastly, if i do need the rails / runners does anyone have any they want to sell??

Andy

Post subject: Re: seat rails / runners
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:16 pm 

Hey Andy,

The floor brackets funnily enough locate into the floor to give a predetermined width. It is unlikely that this will suit your seat width, length or locate the seats in the correct position to the pedals and steering wheel. When I did mine I made up some brackets that run across the width of the seat and hard mounted them to the floor brackets. When in the correct position they are not actually centered above the floor brackets. The same method could be used with rails, they would just sit ~15mm higher.

I don't know the legality of adjustment. If mine was a road car I think I would want the adjustment. I have some rails if you need some, let me know.

Cheers,

Will

Post subject: Re: seat rails / runners
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:10 pm 

Will,

cheers, I have the floor mount brackets as you mentioned so figured like you say that the rails would be needed to keep the adjustment for road use. Ill PM you my details and I can call you regarding wether you would sell me the rails??

regards

Andy