Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:47 pm 

Hey guys im gettin carried away with buying stuff that needs to be modified to fit into my 200b so now im gonna just slow down and have a think about things before spending what could be a fair wad of cash. (most of the std bits will be upgraded to aftermarket lightened adjustables over time)

I have a large influx of silvia parts that im able to attain very cheaply so i was thinking of running a s13 front end. (i know s12 stuff is close to 200b but s12 is VERY hard to source)

as im into drift but also drive it as a daily i wanna get my dimensions right because i can handle a bita camber and toe but dont want an understeering mess tyre eating mess i also i hate the steerbox steering i love powered r&p way more

the few questions i need to know

1- would the s13 xmember bolt in with no or minimal modification (by far best option as i want to have psteering)

2 - would s13 lower control arms bolt up to the 200b xmember, if the s13 member dont go in easy

3- assuming they bolt in would the forward caster rods bolt onto the lca without giving it a huge caster change? would more than likly run rosejoints anyway which are often adjustable

4- assuming the s13 member is in would the std lock hit the chassis running say std s13 15inch rims, and if not HOW MUCH MORE can i run with if i used say s14 or similar

5- i think if that all works then i know its gonna have more camber as the strut towers are closer together but will it be much more than neg 5 as this is really my desired amount

6- would the s13 swaybar work too?

Any help on this or similar conversions please post links pics vids
cheers Quigga

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:47 pm 

havin a quick think about it more too
wat about a r31 front end, i know they share alot of parts with the 200b and the only real advantage would be coilover suspension and psteer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:50 pm 

no love?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:05 pm 
Guru

How far are you prepared to flare the guards?

"R.I.P. Baz. 29 April 2022. Thank you for all your contributions to the Datsun community over the years. You will be missed." - OZDAT

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:14 am 

Your best bet would be to grab the items you have mentioned and trial fit them. Or even just look at the crossmember and arms etc and see if they'd fit. I've done my fair share of checking said parts and doubt any of them will be a straight fit, you're gonna hafta do a heap of mods. The castor rods for example bolt in completely different on an s13, you'd need to grab the brackets where they bolt in on the S13 rad support and weld them onto the 200B one, but even then the braket is placed quite high on the s13 compared to where the 200B ones bolt into.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:31 am 

as far as know, there isnt anyone on here who has done s13 in a 200b
i got s13 in my 180b, assuming they are fairly similar

if the xmember doesnt bolt in, the width of r31/s13 LCA at the bush is wider as they are centre mount on the xmember, not hanging off the back like 180b, i got around that by getting maddat to make adjustable LCA's with an r31 LCA and a suitable 180b bush end

as far as caster arms, best is to retain original over s13 as riley said, i used r31 LCA's which was a mistake, i believe bluebird LCA's will have the correct bolt arrangement for the original arm to bolt up, but i redrilled the arms with TTT adjustable rose jointed arms and set the holes to line up correctly with the extra width of the LCA's

trialed a few different widths, i didnt have a problem with lock to lock hitting, but as there are just to many variables in it you would just have to work it out yourself/get suitable wheels when/if you ever do it

short answer, just gonna have to do it yourself as no one will be able to tell you exactly if it works or not

S2 TRX: SuckThru Turbo: RETIRED
MR30 Hatch: Daily Driver: SOLD
720 King Cab: Daily Driver V2: SOLD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:26 am 

so i gather from this that its a fair bit wider are we talking 50mm or worse

hmmmm might have a further look ill look for mates smashed pigs to help :P

wak can you send me some pics just to sorta model it a bit

well trial and error it is then