Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:33 pm 

after a recent trackskills day in the v8 utes, i have the racing bug. i own a sr20turbo 1600 and wana get it out on the track. Trackskills offer a half and full day package, but was wondering if anyone else new of any other clubs or groups who offer days on the track. Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:45 pm 

Hi mate,
I am part of the Nissan Datsun Car Club of SA. We are CAMS affiliated, meaning as a member of our club you can purchase a competition licence so you can enter all sorts of motorsport events.

Our club is a member of the MSCA who run Super Sprints at Mallala regularly throughout the year.

This Monday is a come and try Hillclimb at Colingrove - near Angaston. All you need is a car and a helmet, this event is only for people who haven't been there before and aimed at 1st time competitors.

So the steps you need to take are:
1. Join a CAMS affiliated car club.
2. Buy a L2S CAMS competition licence
3. Make sure you and your car meet the very basic safety requirements for competion, blue triangle, helmet etc
4. Enter your 1st event

But as mentioned above this Monday is a come and try, you can get a come and try CAMS 1 day licence on the day and I think it is only $65 to enter.

Hope this helps, email the club with any other questions:
contact@nissandatsuncarclubsa.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:03 am 

Yep once the bug bites thats it youre hooked

Do everything as above i too am a member of nissan/datsun remember Mallala runopen practice days normally one a month these cost $110 from memory unless the price has gone up http://www.mallala.com/ .

next step modify car so much that it cant be driven on road then decide to stop using said car and get a race car with cage etc upgrade licence to go full on racing ohh wait thats me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:20 pm 

cheers for your info. i am already a member of the nissan datsun club, i was on there last trip through the hills. Cant make monday's hillclimb. Will check out mallala.com for open days. also herd of something to do with john bowe training days??

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:53 pm 

datoracer wrote:
Hi mate,
I am part of the Nissan Datsun Car Club of SA. We are CAMS affiliated, meaning as a member of our club you can purchase a competition licence so you can enter all sorts of motorsport events.

Our club is a member of the MSCA who run Super Sprints at Mallala regularly throughout the year.

This Monday is a come and try Hillclimb at Colingrove - near Angaston. All you need is a car and a helmet, this event is only for people who haven't been there before and aimed at 1st time competitors.

So the steps you need to take are:
1. Join a CAMS affiliated car club.
2. Buy a L2S CAMS competition licence
3. Make sure you and your car meet the very basic safety requirements for competion, blue triangle, helmet etc
4. Enter your 1st event

But as mentioned above this Monday is a come and try, you can get a come and try CAMS 1 day licence on the day and I think it is only $65 to enter.

Hope this helps, email the club with any other questions:
contact@nissandatsuncarclubsa.com
+1 for Skylines Australia - South Australian Chapter

We're CAMs affiliated also and recently held a track day out at Mallala with a handful of R35s in attendance (including Willall's Skyline).

Quoted above is a good starting point.

:cheers

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:24 am 

Us over in the Aus300zx forum are planning a two day event at Mallala late June. Day one a 50% day and the second a 100% day.

Im looking forward to it, but as suggested above, Join a club and get your CAMS license.

Makes it all much easier.