Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:08 pm 

Hey guys got a 1200 ute and the interior is not the best ... kinda old and boring brown :(

wanna paint the dash black and get doors re trimmed in black also and replace the stock seats ... so

1. how hard is it to take out the dash ... and replace the clock on the right with possibly a rev taco ... and paint it black

2. is it expensive to get doors re trimmed and new kick pannels

3. Seats ... whats the best fit ... and easiest too !!

4.Carpets …. Can you buy moulded carpets for the ute so it just slots straight in with minimal cutting and such

I wanna run with a black interior and my car has a whole theme of white black n chrome and I wanna keep it simple really …

Im in Perth to so can any one suggest any advice ?!!?

here is a pic of the exterior ...

[ img ]

and with new rims ...

[ img ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:13 pm 

i've seen carpets for these in the colour of your choice, i've seen custom door cards in colour of choice (both on ebay) retrimming the dash pad would prob only cost $50 at local trimmer (that's what mine in my 1600 cost) and some black spray cans to paint over the brown plastic trim pieces, or get a pro to paint them, any seats can be made to fit with custom work

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:51 pm 

hey mate
u can buy door trims and kick panels new on ebay for 60 buks
they also sell carpet or u can get it from knoxautocarpets
:bringit:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:07 am 

Anyone know if all the B110/1200 (sedan coupe wagon ute) seats are all interchangable?

1978 120Y sdn
1973 B120 - dead
1971 VB110 4dr - sold
Others:
1995 Proton Wira - daily sh#tbox

[ img ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:16 pm 

i know of a few places that you can either:
1. buy a brand new after market datsun 1200 ute dash (not to sure but put a post up on either here or "datsun 1200 club" website and you may be able to find this website and prices for the people who sell these....)
2. buy a custom dash (but you have to cut the holes for your speedos and paint it yourself $250 for that i think)
3. Get you dash fully refurbished (i think prices are all around the $200 mark for refurbishment.)
4. you can also do a home fix so bog the cracks up and sand back to shape and then get it re covered somewhere local

As for door trims and kick panels. i believe there are services where you are able to a. get them re trimmed to original colors or b. buy brand new ones with your own colors. (if i was you i would be watching ebay as for now its your best friend haha :P)

And carpet i would just purchase some of ebay already molded. (i think the joint is in sydney and the carpet is usualy up aroudn the 100 dollar mark.)

Cheers Eddy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:09 pm 

Those Ebay door cards are so crap, yeah screws through the new trims look great

Get some properly made with hidden clips and you will be so much happier with the job. Ive done a few 1200 utes and all with hidden clips on the doors and kickpanels look so much better

Ebay 60 bucks... you get what u pay for

I can do any trim if you wanna send stuff down but not for under $100 for plain door trims. Its wankers on ebay ruining the market by producing crap and killing those who work in the trade and do a decent job

Simon :thumbsup: