Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 8:54 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 am 

Hey guys, are Noltec still around??

I bought a coil over kit for my 240k struts from GT suspension in flemington road Melbourne about 7 years back and am finally getting around to fitting it. Then found out only the adjustable platform/nut fit's the threaded section the other nut to be used for locking is oversize(also looks like a platform?) and just slides down the thread. Spwewing really should have opened the packet about 7 years ago! GT suspension is now gone and can't seem to find out much about Noltec online anymore. I thought i should have one platform and one thin walled nut? But i guess 2 platforms work back to back anyway. But just confused now as one is oversize and unusable. By platform i mean like a bush to suit a 65mm spring. May put a pic up later if people think that might help?

Is the thread common can I just buy a new nut as I imagine people damage the outside of the nut over time carrying out adjustments with the "C" spanners or mud rocks debris for rally boys?

Anyway any suggestions would be great.

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:57 pm 

checked their old website noltecsuspension.com.au and just comes up with add's now....... can't find many posts about them on the net since 2007. But for some reason some brake and suspension shop websites still advertise for them and host there catalouge from 2005. So maybe i will have to start ringing around........Surely someone on here knows something about noltec or has a contact?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:16 am 

I believe they were bought out by http://www.redranger.com.au/ who also own whiteline which is where the noltec site used to direct to.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:52 am 

Thanks Forum Jockey you were spot on which is no good for me. I should have just fitted my coil overs about 7 years ago and would have been sweet. Here's a reply email from the guys at redranger if anyone else is following this thread.

"Quote from Wayne Bolton at redranger.com.au"
We did purchase Noltec many years ago and re- designed and manufactured all there stock to our range and most of the bushes they sold have been re- vamped into Whitlineplus range found here www.whitelineplus.com.au

As for coil overs and adjustable strut tops we stopped the manufacture over 2 years ago and ran the stock out and do not want to be a part of that style of suspension.

We are sorry to say we have nothing at all left from the Noltec range and have nothing that we could help you with its a shame you waited so long to find this out as we stayed helping out from the time of the last sale we waited the whole 2 year warranty time before we discarded all the Noltec range in case of situations like this but it has been & years now so there is not allot we can do

Wayne Bolton

Technical / Customer Service

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:04 am 

tried superpro????

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:33 pm 

Post of pic of what you're after, we'll be able to make suggestions or work arounds.

Might even get lucky with an old set of S13 coilovers, but I have a feeling the thread diameter will be smaller.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:28 pm 

This is a pic of my set. Two nut's on the ground are to big in diameter for the threaded section. For 51mm struts I believe will double check tonight. 240k struts if anyone else can confirm. Would be awesome if some s13 lock nuts have the same thread......

cheers Paul

Attachments:
File comment: noltec coil over set
[ attachment ]
coil.jpg [ 271.19 KiB | Viewed 1931 times ]