Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Melbourne toll roads
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:15 pm 

ok i'm in a pickle

i'm from SA and drove with my mates to Phillip island for the motoGP

we took a route from ballarat over the big bridge you got there and then through the tunnel - popped out the other side.

we had no etag - etoll or whatever as i was expecting a stop and pay arrangement

none ever eventuated

we avoided the tollways on the way back but i want to know how much i am up for for failing to get a daypass or something - i had been driving for 10 hours and was too busy dealing with your traffic which gobsmacked me to notice any info till i got out the other side of the city and it cleared up.

what happens now?

Post subject: Re: Melbourne toll roads
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:28 pm 

I think you receive a note in the mail which will then tell you how much you have to pay.
Fairly easy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:58 pm 

on your first offence they sometimes let it slide ive even heard. But dont worry no massive fine and you could easily plead your case anyway

78 ZH Fairlane 500 Bluesmobile
86 ZL Fairlane ZLane
78 ZH Fairlane 500 Barn find
85 Troopy 2H Turbo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:55 pm 

Dato200B wrote:
on your first offence they sometimes let it slide ive even heard. But dont worry no massive fine and you could easily plead your case anyway
I wish they did, lol

Call them up mate,

They are called city link,
they might charge you the toll amount plus a admin fee, prob around 15-20 bucks in total.

Leaving it will result in a fine starting from 70 or so bucks upto $1000's if you avoid paying it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:01 pm 

http://www.citylink.com.au/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:26 pm 

theyre annoying to deal with too

if they do chase you, it'll be a letter (they claim they only send em out once a month)

most of the time ive got them its been a few days before its due, and ive already got a warning notice coming for the next time they mail them out

so when/if you get it, pay it and make sure you've done it right, then ignore any further letters they might send you. if they crack it further they end up calling you before your $100+ fine and demand payment by credit card over the phone

you can explain then what the go is and see what they do, i ended up getting a cheque for what i paid them over the phone as it would appear they did get the cash i sent them the first time. fair incompetent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:15 am 

Well my dad did the same thing dan with a plan did he called up to pay and they sent him to a petrol station that you can pay at. The petrol station refused that claim and sent to another station. That was the same deal. He rang up city link and said what had happend and bannged on about waisting his time and they waved his fee. They are very annoying to deal with but find me a call centre that arent. The first time i drove down i had no etag and didnt pay and i have never heard a word that was at least 2 years ago. If i was dan with a plan id just ring them up have a credit card ready and pay the small toll fee.

78 ZH Fairlane 500 Bluesmobile
86 ZL Fairlane ZLane
78 ZH Fairlane 500 Barn find
85 Troopy 2H Turbo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:20 pm 

i've been on brizzy tollroads and hence why i expected to just fork over some $$$

they have "you got an etag" "you got the right $$$" or "you have NFI because clearly you are not from around here and are going to ask me to change a $50 aren't you" lane(s)

quite clearly we had no idea hence why we left the windows down on the exit to the tunnel to try and hear the announcements (was an accident in the tunnel) car filled up with choking smoke real fast!

I'll buzz them and give it a go - or if there is an email system (i'll check the site) it leaves an electronic record they and i can keep track of if it goes bad.

just wasn't sure if it was a "dont contact us we will contact you" or "if you dont contact us you are screwed" thing. Appears to be the latter....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:33 pm 

Dan with a plan wrote:
I've been on brizzy tollroads and hence why I expected to just fork over some $$$

they have "you got an etag" "you got the right $$$" or "you have NFI because clearly you are not from around here and are going to ask me to change a $50 aren't you" lane(s)

quite clearly we had no idea hence why we left the windows down on the exit to the tunnel to try and hear the announcements (was an accident in the tunnel) car filled up with choking smoke real fast!

I'll buzz them and give it a go - or if there is an email system (I'll check the site) it leaves an electronic record they and I can keep track of if it goes bad.

just wasn't sure if it was a "dont contact us we will contact you" or "if you dont contact us you are screwed" thing. Appears to be the latter....
Not really. Worst case you get a bill for about $12 in the mail.

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.