Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:31 am 

Does anyone know the who/what/where of Advanced Driving Lessons in WA?
Ones along the lines of getting out of spins, avoiding accidents etc.

I'm based around Morey but I'm sure travel is involved.
I've been wanting to try this for a while and, noticing how bad drivers have been during this heatwave, have just remembered.

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:08 am 

some friends of mine have a company called Driving Proficiency, they do heaps of different stuff... also organise a lot of the Midvale speed-dome driving days.
there's obviously also the RAC driving centre near the international airport.

get the car you drive, do some of these skidpan days and learn the limits of your car's abilities, and yours. you will have more confidence in yourself and your car
when you know what it is or isn't capable of, spatial awareness on the roads however, is something else, the RAC centre does do defensive driving and all those spin scenario's and stuff too.

i personally use the same techniques i was taught by my dad when getting my bike license. expect everyone else to do something stupid, and be ready for it. when you
look at it like that, but don't get angry or anxious about it, you are as prepared as you can be.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:45 pm 

Red510 wrote:
some friends of mine have a company called Driving Proficiency, they do heaps of different stuff... also organise a lot of the Midvale speed-dome driving days.
there's obviously also the RAC driving centre near the international airport.

get the car you drive, do some of these skidpan days and learn the limits of your car's abilities, and yours. you will have more confidence in yourself and your car
when you know what it is or isn't capable of, spatial awareness on the roads however, is something else, the RAC centre does do defensive driving and all those spin scenario's and stuff too.

That sounds like what I'm after, much appreciated :).
Red510 wrote:
I personally use the same techniques I was taught by my dad when getting my bike license. expect everyone else to do something stupid, and be ready for it. when you
look at it like that, but don't get angry or anxious about it, you are as prepared as you can be.
That's exactly how I see it, parents taught me the same thing and it works like a charm.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:48 pm 

I can vouch for Driving Proficiency, Alex and Lisa are very professional at what they do. They also rally a tidy tweaked up class winning Charade. :thumbsup: