Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Z31 Hubs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:36 am 

Hey guys

Can anyone confim whether the z31 and s12 hubs are the same accept of course for the 4 stud v 5 stud pattern? I hear they are the same in offset, stud size etc.

cheers

James

Post subject: Re: Z31 Hubs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:29 am 
Guru

Yes they are same offset etc.

"R.I.P. Baz. 29 April 2022. Thank you for all your contributions to the Datsun community over the years. You will be missed." - OZDAT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:08 pm 

Baz wrote:
Thanks Baz

Hate to stuff you around but I managed to find a set locally and he only wants $200 which seems quite cheap and was wondering if it would make more sense to use them than the S12 due to wheel options etc.

Can you still supply me the rotors to fit these and your struts? I am guessing they are still bolt to the back style rather than floaters.

cheers

James

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:34 pm 
Guru

jimmmy wrote:
Baz wrote:
Thanks Baz

Hate to stuff you around but I managed to find a set locally and he only wants $200 which seems quite cheap and was wondering if it would make more sense to use them than the S12 due to wheel options etc.

Can you still supply me the rotors to fit these and your struts? I am guessing they are still bolt to the back style rather than floaters.

cheers

James
Add to that the cost of a set of longer studs, new bearings, seals & modifying the rear axle flanges.
Yes we can supply the rotors but these are slightly more expensive due to one off items.
Your choice.

"R.I.P. Baz. 29 April 2022. Thank you for all your contributions to the Datsun community over the years. You will be missed." - OZDAT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:39 pm 

Baz wrote:
jimmmy wrote:
Baz wrote:
Thanks Baz

cheers

James
Add to that the cost of a set of longer studs, new bearings, seals & modifying the rear axle flanges.
Yes we can supply the rotors but these are slightly more expensive due to one off items.
Your choice.
meh, good points. So sick of fabrications and problem solvinf. Does not make sense when much of it is available off the shelf from good people like you.

The rear is also an issue I could not be arsed with. Plus I figure there are good 4 stud wheel options out there which will suit your setup?

I don't think I was aware the studs are longer. Are the stock z31 studs shorter than stock s12 studs? What is the original length and what are the lengths on yours? Obviously longer to fit the bigger rotor?

cheers

James

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:39 pm 
Guru

Stock S12/Z31 hubs etc all have short studs to suit the OEM wheels.
We fit longer studs to all our hubs so that after market wheels have full security on the lug nuts.
The replacement studs are 12mm longer.
We use these on the rear disc conversions as well. Due to the extra thickness of the rotor.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:06 pm 

Baz wrote:
Stock S12/Z31 hubs etc all have short studs to suit the OEM wheels.
We fit longer studs to all our hubs so that after market wheels have full security on the lug nuts.
The replacement studs are 12mm longer.
We use these on the rear disc conversions as well. Due to the extra thickness of the rotor.
Fair enough. Might give them a miss then. I just thought it was a good price. Not as good as the $300 I could've got some rebuilt ones for not long ago..... :cry:

Still seems most people manage to get by happily with 4 studs on the datsun.

cheers

James