Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:26 am 

620racer,
thanks for the advice,any other things i should be looking out for too with this conversion?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:54 am 

Sort of moving off subject a little. I'd have to check but I think the cab will bolt on pretty much straight up. Not sure about the tub / tray. Other things to consider is which engine / gearbox combo you plan to run. Bolting the J15 engine and box into the 720 chassis may have issues with mounts and tailshaft, not to mention the column shifter :( .

If using an L series, or anything else, you may need to cut the rad support where the radiator bolts up and use a larger radiator pushed further forward due to the extra length. If you compare the two cabs you'll see what I mean. American 620's had a different rad support panel then ours, all ran L series engines.

620 diff from memory is a little narrower than the 720, so if you want the 620 ratio and alloy housing, you'll need to swap the centres over, unless you want the hot rod look with deeper dish on the back and run the 620 unit complete in the 720 chassis. 8)

I've been thinking about doing a similar thing with the project 620 I have, sitting it on a 720 4WD chassis as my daily drive. Diesel or petrol is the D I have to make

There's something about twin webers at full noise.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:46 pm 

From what I've measured up from my 620 to a 720 chassis from wreckers there is only slight differences in mounting positions,nothing that can't be over come.
At the moment my 620 has an L16B and 5 speed,on mine a little trick I did was to use a Mazda 929 (1980's something) radiator (simillar inlet outlet points) and cut two slots in the support bracket.Slide the radiator between these slots and made up a 10mm spacer blocks (X4 ) and solidly bolts the radiator in place.
Would like to buy a 720 chassis with motor and gearbox,the width of the back of both chassis is virtually the same (With in 5 mm), shame I can't send the picture through this post to show.
I had a look at the 4WD chassis the other day and the cab mounts look the same as the 2WD with out taking a measuring tape to it.

Cheers
Pete

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:00 pm 

guys all those not comfortable with their original brakes can i get some bits off u -i am soon to be restoring a 76 with king pin front end but need some bits--have put new wheel cylinders all round but need adjuster housins and clips or is there some other way around that-wouldnt mind a bonnet either if one is floating around and anything else that is original-grateful if any help can be found