Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:55 am 

As your are not an expert I would have someone recheck your work and maybe they will find what you stuffed up. Sorry I got involved.Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:04 pm 

I agree with bobs your uncle, you need to check all the things he mentioned. As for the exhaust fumes in the water, he's talking about combustion gasses getting past a leaking head gasket or cracked head and any decent mechanic should have an apparatus for checking this. It's called a block test and it's done by bubbling some gas from the radiator through an indicator liquid. The liquid changers colour with the presence of hydrocarbons or carbon monoxide or whatever it uses. But it doesn't sound like this is your problem- It sounds more like your ignition timing is **** up or a valve is sticking open perhaps..?

You don't need an RB30 guru but a general mechanic, either a professional or yourself, to methodically find the fault.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:33 pm 

TK test. Abit of a bastard, ive only ever got one car with a done head gasket to fail and instantly turn the fluid yellow.

Actually thinking about it, my r31 is being a bitch. coughing and spluttering when you take off while cold. I just assumed the injectors are at fault cause them bastards have nice signs of leakage.

oh and PS, if you replaced ignition parts with fuelmiser junk, you may as well left the old supsect items in it :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:44 am 

What about a fuel issue, filter/injectors? i know you said you checked the pump, does it have good pressure not just at idle but while the problem happens?

good luck bud

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:57 pm 

try cleaning the contacts for the ecu....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:01 pm 

also, fuel pressure reg...