Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: help
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:32 pm 

Alright noob question but anyway i wont to put a head unit in my car tommor its a stock 200b .so what do i need apart from the head unit speakers and speaker wires.

Post subject: Re: help
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:49 pm 

A little bit of background knowledge on the stock wiring will help. besides all of your connectors and tape and stuff. depending if you have speakers in there already a head unit come with enough wire to tap straight into what you have.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:00 pm 
Old Digger

You will need a test light or multimeter to work out what wires are what. You will need to tap into a constant positive, A switched (ignition switched) 12V positive and a ground/earth. The test light or mutlimeter you help you decipher what wires are what in your 200b dash. What ever you do don't just twist and tape your wiring. It will fail. Use a soldering iron and heatshrink (best method) or good quality crimps and tape them after you have made the connections. You will also need a drill pop rivets or self tappers to secure the head unit sleave in to the dash frame. If you have never installed one before allow a while afternoon to do it right. Have fun :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:39 pm 

Alright so i dont need all these other wires coming off the head unit and its only got the stock am raido in it at the moment

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:28 pm 

everything that MYDATO said and to be honest if your set up is two speakers and a head deck you can get away with 7 wires. usually yellow is your constant power red is your accessory black is obviously your earth and speakers are paired in colours like purple, white, grey and green you just need to figure out sides and front and rear, just dont hook up the 2 you are not going to use but make sure they are taped off well and wont short out. the other wires are for your amp power antenna and dash lights and whatnot. what sort of unit is it anyway?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:13 am 

Its a sony xplod and i had it working fine but now im only getting 7 volts threw accessorys