Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:13 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: finishes
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:23 pm 

Hi all, got a bit done on the coupe resto today, trying to get it finished ready for paint befote i go back to work. not going to happen! anyway more to the point i finished out the left rear quarter today, normal process remove rusty metal weld in new steel, dolly and slap up any dents strip surface to bare, spot blast anything thats needed, lead wipe and file finish any highs, deox panel and thoroughly wipe down prior to primer.(new primer not used it before).... never had any probs before today but i have dimply affect similiar to moisture bulbs under the primer but its not moisture....fresh guns, water trap and filter just done and not in line had panel warm, only thing i can think is as i was wiping down prior to blowing primer on the barometer was on the move as a storm was about an hour away. or possibly something wrong with this new primer. its going to have to come back off but thats tommorrow. any ideas would be helpful?? :cheers DL