Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: 200b suspension options
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:24 am 

Hey guys, I did a brief search without any luck.
The previous owner chopped the springs to lower the car.
I was wondering what my options were to lower the 200b properly.
I do want the car to sit fairly low.
Anyway, any suggestions, advice, or recommendation is appreciated. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:17 am 

I'm in the same situation with my 180b. Currently I've got low king springs front and back, bought from someone on here, they work ok but are still a bit too high. What i will eventually do is make some coil overs up for the fronts out of some r31 struts see here http://community.ratsun.net/topic/45123 ... coilovers/

I'm assuming your 200b is live rear end?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:02 pm 

What stut insurts should be used i think i read someone used vn insterts any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:42 pm 

hey gents. i made coilovers out of r31 struts for the front with hsd 4kg/cm springs and new r31 KYB inserts and s13 camber adjustable tops. the sleeve and spring kit can be bought from otomoto or datsport etc, there are ebay ones now too just without the retainer spring. its dead easy if you can weld..... if not just take it to a welder or exhaust shop and it wont cost much to get the sleeves welded onto the strut tubes.. r31 brakes fit under 200b 14" stockies too.

I have new KYB struts and kings lows in the rear. it could go up to an inch lower but i want to wait until my trx rear is in before playing with it again. then i'll get the springs reset a bit lower then wind the front down to match.

i'm also running a 25mm r31 skyline front sway which bolted in using stock 200b links and d-mounts. i used new nolathane bushes. i have the trx 20mm rear sway bar in too... it fits between the 200b trailing arms exactly as they are identical to the bluebird ones, you just need to drill mounting holes in the trailing arms. this will stay when the h190 goes in too. i'm aslo using roll centre adjustment spacers (bump steer spacers) to keep the geometry of everything nice.

next step is more castor via adjustable rods then i'm done for now.... the car handles waaaay better than the stocky l20b power needs! i'm flat to the floor in most corners. more power required to use it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:12 am 

Very similar to my set up.

Late 180B struts, 40mm section chopped out of them below the gland nut thread. Fulcrum alloy adjustable collar slipped over the strut onto a ring I welded onto the strut. King 275lb, 200mm springs with Z31 KYB inserts, Commodore bump stops trimmed and custom slotted adjustable top hats with ball and needle bearings. Whiteline 22mm sway bar. No roll centre adjusters. They are coming as are the adjustable castor bars.

Rear is R31 KYB (comes with dust boot, bump stop etc) and King KDRL-11 (280ZX) springs. I trimmed the upper insulator rubber to get the height I wanted. No rear bar. Will try my HR31 rear bar at some stage as they are a hollow bar.

All engineered and mod plated!!

Mine is an IRS too, hence the no rear bar. I'll be upgrading to the Toyota MR Kyb AGX shocks for my front end soon enough as the 275lb springs are at the limit of the Z31's.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:16 pm 

Z31 Koni Yellows are pretty good too

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:56 pm 

Would those king spring 'lows' you see on ebay etc be worth it? I know they don't make a super low, but I don't even know how much the drop is on superlow's lol.
Theres a NZ brand that makes datsun 200b super lows but they'll be my last resort, if you want their name let me know.