Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: 200B Coupe
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:44 pm 

Hey Guys I am very new to this forum and I am also new to the brand! I had lots of mates that had Datos going to high school but I decided to keep mainstream growing up (Holden's) and plus my old man had a lot of knowledge on the Lion. But I am 37 now and have for some reason developed a fetish with the Datsuns all of a sudden. About 2 years ago I managed to pick up a 200B Coupe it is near complete but is in need of a full strip down and I am chasing a few parts. I really don't want to start on the car until I know I have all the major components.

So what I need to ask:

1) I know ebay, gumtree, wreckers, and forums like OZDAT are a major source of chasing parts for your Datsun, but is there any where else on line that I can look at for parts.

2) Also pardon my ignorance but the coupe that I have has SSS badges on it. Is this standard on all 200B Coupes! If not is there
any where on the car to identify that it is a SSS! and if it is were they only badged on the front guards SSS as there are the only
two on the car

Hope I haven't made the questions too confusing but like I said I am new to the brand

Post subject: Re: 200B Coupe
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:42 pm 

G'day mate,

Welcome to the forum. A few pics of your coupe would also help with the intro.

I restored a 200B coupe a couple years back myself. I was lucky to come across a couple other cheap coupes for the parts I needed. Most other parts, like new mechanical bits, I sourced off eBay. I can't think of to many others sources, apart from those you mentioned. I know there's some overseas suppliers but I've never had to use them. Other viewers might be able to provide details. Depends also where you live. Here in the Canberra area for example, you have the Brindabella Motor Sport Club which caters for the local rally community, hence the Datto connection. Maybe just start with a post in the "Parts-wanted" on any number of forums.

As for the SSS badges, as far as I'm aware, all coupes that were sold in Oz had just the two badges, one on each front guard. I was tempted to put a third one on my boot lid, to replace the small Nissan badge, but decided to keep it standard.

Anyhow, good luck with the restoration. Make patience your friend and the parts will come. The search is part of the fun.

Put some pics up too please.

Post subject: Re: 200B Coupe
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:09 pm 

Thanks AICHINACT

I will try and get some photos up soon have to drag her out the workshop.......mind you she is not pretty, but she lives out of the weather now under a car cover and tarp!