Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:07 pm 

Hello from USA!

I own a '79 Stanza (510 in USA...) originally a L20b with 4 speed. I have recently swapped in a KA24DE and a 71C 5speed from a 240SX (S13).

I have the entire engine and everything wired up and running! It sounds great! But dammit! I can NOT find an easy way to get the transmission mounted up!

I have found that the existing transmission crossmember is "too short" .. what i mean is that the new, now longer tailhousing of the 71C 5 speed from the 240sx has it's mounting place further towards the rear of the car.

is there a crossmember from a different Datsun I could use to make this work? I know you guys in Australia have SR and CA swapped Stanzas! What did you use for your tranny crossmember?!

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:39 pm 

Mostly a fabricated gearbox crossmember is used. Both Datsport & Maddat in Adelaide have fabricated crossmembers to suit the long gearbox into a 510/Stanza. An email to either Datsport.com.au or maddat.com.au should get you an idea of price. You could also try SWMotorsport.com.au in Sydney as well.
all 3 companies have been around for a while, & should be able to help.