Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:19 am 

Scweet... Hopefully we get rained out at work again and i will be free to do blocky's all day in the stag lol... Well actually if i get the day off i'll be driving the 350ks to my folks house, not nearly as exciting but i still havent seen em for xmas yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:53 pm 

Rat Dat wrote:
Scweet... Hopefully we get rained out at work again and I will be free to do blocky's all day in the stag lol... Well actually if I get the day off I'll be driving the 350ks to my folks house, not nearly as exciting but I still havent seen em for xmas yet.
Id be keen to see what the KMS/P/L are on your stagea.. Is it the VQ25det ?or the later VQ35de ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:15 pm 

KMS/P/L? Not sure what you mean sorry... and it's not the v6, it's the rb25det neo engine.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:18 pm 

:oops: Oh... i just got it lol... duh :oops:

I'll let you know next weekend. Going to be driving it 350k's straight freeway k's. It should do 450k's per tank though. That's my guess.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:02 am 

Rat Dat wrote:
:oops: Oh... I just got it lol... duh :oops:

I'll let you know next weekend. Going to be driving it 350k's straight freeway k's. It should do 450k's per tank though. That's my guess.
sorry, i assumed it was a 35 stag..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:10 pm 

Mine got 10L/100K driving highway.

I've since fitted the 'power duct' (nissan factory 3.5L standard inlet) which I hope will improve it by a bee's nee.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:59 pm 

Hi guys,
I am dealing with Phillip of Tokyo Prestige at the moment and arranging to import an R34 25GT-V. My concern is that the mileage on the cars he has advertised are all VERY low.
As much i want it all to appear to be as I see it, I am concerned that the odometers have been altered in someway.
Can anybody give their toughs on this?
Does anyone have any advice, information or hints that they could share?

:?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:48 pm 

All I can say after dealing with him is he is a top notch, no bullshit kinda bloke. Had the Stag for almost 9 months now and have not had one issue with it. It is freaking awesome. As far as K's go it's like any car you buy second hand; who knows if the k's are genuine or not but as far as Jap Imports go i recon you'd trust them more than any car yard in Australia, and I am guessing Phil's contacts would be very trustworthy as he bases his business on selling top quality cars. How many k's are we talking anyway?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:51 pm 

thanks for the reply Rat Dat.
Great to see there are active members in the community :thumbsup:

...I am looking at a 2000 25GT-V (NON-TURBO), SEDAN with only 36,000KM on the clock. Does that seem very low to you?
After meeting Phillip and looking at another similar R34, I found him to be a pretty decent guy and seemed fairly genuine on first impression. Very easy to chat to and answered my questions (even my noob one's) with respect.
I have had nothing to do with importers before so I am trying to be cautious and not be lead into a bad experience.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:13 pm 

That is pretty low, but you have to remember they don't drive 100's of K's just to get somewhere like we do in Oz (I just got home from a 60km round trip just to have a BBQ with my closest mate haha, i think you get what i mean). And some cars are just hardly ever driven. My Stagea 100,000k's on the clock and I was told that is fairly high for a Jap import but I dunno. All i can say is you wont be dissapointed and you wont find the same car already in Oz for the same price.

PS> You don't have to rush into it either, just take your time. We didn't but we'd just sold one of our houses and made close to 100k and he had what we wanted landing in Oz the same week so we jumped at it, and couldn't be happier. Good luck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:44 pm 

My M35 is still going good. A few things have been replaced that have worn out (exhaust for example).
Still going strong.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:10 pm 

Nice. Good to hear SR20Datsun