Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:33 am 

Hi,

I have been trying to source a bobtail wing for a Datsun 180b/610 coupe... do they exist? I have seen some cars that have them but I wasn't sure if they're custom or manufactured.

I remember seeing one advertised on ebay a while back but I didn't have the funds to purchase it back then. Doh

Fez

Datsun 610/180B SSS FJ22 700 rwhp on E85
Datsun 810/200B SSS FJ20 (current build)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:00 am 

I looked into this quite some time ago, and best way would be to try modify a Zed bob tail spoiler.

I have also seen a Torana rear spoiler to be quite a close fit, but would also need modifications...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:24 pm 

Thanks for the response SIX-TEN

Yeah I've seen the torana rear spoiler in a post in here actually. And yes its a very close fit, but I didn't know the Zed bobtail could be modified also... I will definitely look into it. Cheers

The problem I face is, my car is in the panel shop for bodywork and paint and was hoping to sort something out soon, hence the 610 wing would have been perfect. But I'm not sure if I have the time to fiddle around modifying others.

Now that I've done some research and found out how rare they are to find, I'm really starting to regret not purchasing the 610 bobtail wing of ebay... the worst part is that the seller had it on there for a couple of months :x

Fez

Datsun 610/180B SSS FJ22 700 rwhp on E85
Datsun 810/200B SSS FJ20 (current build)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:34 pm 

Check out the Fibremaster website they have an aftermarket one. Have not seen one myself so I don't know the quality.
http://www.fibremaster.com.au/nissan.htm
Cheers:)
tRacy

FOR SALE Honda CB250Twin in bits
The faster the better! YeeeeHaaaaa!
Facebook page DATSPORT
DAILY Stagea Axis Autech 'S' 3.5NA RWD - no turbo needed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:59 pm 

You know 90% of these bolt on excessories are only for show not go.I am not knocking spoilers and body kits as I have made a lot for folk over the years.It cost a lot for that sort of work but can be very rewarding too.With fibreglass it is easy to cut and shut bob tails and all sorts of flairs and spoilers.If you want the look go for it.Now if you want aerodynamic performance than you really need a wind tunnel and learn how to crunch the numbers too. My rebuild on my 1600 is getting a scoop on the bonnet but it will be fabricated from steel and have appropriate ducting to draw air into the intakes.I look at it this way if it doesn't enhance performance I don't need it.If you have good artistic flare and know a very good fibreglasser than your virtually unlimited as to what you can do.The only limit would be various registration regulations.Done tastefully than your datto should look sweet.
DatsEZ