Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Re: 411 Wagon you say
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:49 pm 

Dug out all the old grease from the hubs on the weekend and cleaned all the bearings.

Did a rush job of painting the hubs

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Banged a stud back in and test fitted a rim with the disc on, gets full thread on the nut so all good for studs if the calipers fit (which they probably won't)

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Next stop is repacking bearings, getting some proper caliper bolts that are the right length, then trial fit it all on the car.

Also just a quick note, 3/16's fuel line (I think that is the size) fits nicely around the brake lines where you hold it in place for the tabs over the diff and body etc;

[ img ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:22 pm 

Testing to see if these photobucket link works.

[ img ]

This car is 90% complete.

- Brakes are done, used a VL turbo front brake hose for the front brakes. Dual piston master is in and done.
- Made a push rod for the brake master out of an old paint roller (worked a treat).
- Brakes bled up and have solid pedal, still untested on street.
- Clutch apepars to work.
- Column linkages are in and appear to work.
- Modified standard accelerator pedal to work with an S14 cable, also used a J15 ebay carby to get the linkages etc. May require some more mods to fit the air cleaner though.

Only task left is to clean the fuel tank and re-install, then ready for road test.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:56 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Good work. Keep it up and get it driving! There's still someone here who is keen to see that.

The fleet:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating indefinitiely
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port, 4.375 LSD - daily (currently hibernating)
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport, 4.444 LSD - cruiser (also hibernating)
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:46 pm 

Bozo510 wrote:
Testing to see if these photobucket link works.

[ img ]

This car is 90% complete.

- Brakes are done, used a VL turbo front brake hose for the front brakes. Dual piston master is in and done.
- Made a push rod for the brake master out of an old paint roller (worked a treat).
- Brakes bled up and have solid pedal, still untested on street.
- Clutch apepars to work.
- Column linkages are in and appear to work.
- Modified standard accelerator pedal to work with an S14 cable, also used a J15 ebay carby to get the linkages etc. May require some more mods to fit the air cleaner though.

Only task left is to clean the fuel tank and re-install, then ready for road test.
sweet setup good to see this much progress

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:52 pm 

I still get the notifications for this thread too :P

I'm watching with interest.

1999 GXE10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:27 pm 

Hezath wrote:
I still get the notifications for this thread too :P

I'm watching with interest.
Just needs the fuel tank cleaned out guys then ready to drive out of it's grave (for a test drive).

[ img ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:45 pm 

Hello mate. New here. We just bought a 1965 bluebird 410 sedan in fab condition. I also am after the Amber tail lights as someone has installed red ones and now when the blinkers are on it looks American.
Do you by chance know of where to find more and I'm interested to know what colour blue you used on your engine? The previous owner painted the top of the air cleaner in silver by brush and it looks awful. My engine is the E1 if it helps. And does any one know part numbers for front and rear shockers?
Tanku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:37 am 

Tekno wrote:
Hello mate. New here. We just bought a 1965 bluebird 410 sedan in fab condition. I also am after the Amber tail lights as someone has installed red ones and now when the blinkers are on it looks American.
Do you by chance know of where to find more and I'm interested to know what colour blue you used on your engine? The previous owner painted the top of the air cleaner in silver by brush and it looks awful. My engine is the E1 if it helps. And does any one know part numbers for front and rear shockers?
Tanku
Hey Tanku,

For the blue rocker cover, I just used some locally available blue auto engine paint. I can get you a pic of the can but it's not an original colour.

Do you have the early 410 lights or the 411 lights? I have a pair of NOS 411 lenses with the amber lenses, but will be hanging onto them for now as they simply do not exist. I bought replacement lenses for the wagon from yahoo japan, second hand but in good condition.

The wagon and sedan rear shocks will be different across the models.

With the shocks, I can't help you there yet, as I haven't got to that point yet, but from memory the shocks in the car may have had a part code on them that could be referenced back to a comparable model. When I get to that stage I will update this post if I find a suitable replacement.

Might be worth checking out ratsun.net, as they have a 410/411 section which from memory had some shock replacement suggestions.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:10 pm 

Hiya. Can't do pics. Tried that. Don't work. But mine has the big round brake light with the amber running off to the side. Like your wagon

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
IMG_2313.JPG [ 1.51 MiB | Viewed 4424 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:11 pm 

Oh bugger me. It did work. Haha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:24 pm 

This thing drove up half the driveway before dying of a fuel related issue & nothing fell off and no one died (honestly surprised). :hail: :hail: :hail: :rofl: :rofl:

Has a fuel issue that we didn't spend a great deal of time sorting out. It does currently have the chinese carby on it, which may be swapped back to the japanese one which I think is a Nikki. It wasn't pulling fuel into the fuel bowl on the new carby, so we put the fuel hose in a jerry can that had fuel, and slowly pressurised the jerry till it started filling the fuel bowl.

Once the fuel bowl was filled, the car started and drove, so I put it in gear and slowly let out the clutch, car then started moving backwards. Hmm ok, Will try forward and up on the column shift, started to go forward but sluggishly (was 2nd gear), pulled back and down and finally found first gear.

[ img ]

First time I have ever been in the car and it moved under it's own power. Last rego certificate was from 1993. Brakes worked as well which was a bonus, gearbox was an unknown and clutch slave was also a 50/50 for working, but it all came through with shining colours.

---------------

Question - What are the tricks for getting fuel up the fuel line in the car from the petrol tank? Am I going to have to use the compressor again when the time comes? (need to clean up fuel tank before re-installing).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:13 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Bozo510 wrote:
Brakes worked as well which was a bonus
Bonus indeed. Brakes are the same as Fairlady 1500 brakes, very hard to find and very expensive if you do. Try US $960 for just the wheel cylinders at one of the popular Fairlady stores in the US...

Well done on getting it moving :thumbsup:

1965 SP310 Fairlady
1966 SP311 Fairlady

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:02 pm 

Dave wrote:
Bozo510 wrote:
Brakes worked as well which was a bonus
Bonus indeed. Brakes are the same as Fairlady 1500 brakes, very hard to find and very expensive if you do. Try US $960 for just the wheel cylinders at one of the popular Fairlady stores in the US...

Well done on getting it moving :thumbsup:
With this one Dave, the rear wheel cylinders are the same as 510's. The front ones i threw in the bin because I converted to discs (part of the reason I did was because I didn't want to stuff around rebuilding drum brakes on the front with expensive replacement parts, but I'm pretty sure that you can get replacement aftermarket wheel cylinders, but you'd need to reference some sort of nissan truck or even Datsun 620 might fit, I think even Datsun 320 stuff is similar.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:44 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Oh, yeah, That'd be the huge write up about the brake conversion above :oops:

Nice job

1965 SP310 Fairlady
1966 SP311 Fairlady

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:42 am 

Dave wrote:
Oh, yeah, That'd be the huge write up about the brake conversion above :oops:

Nice job
Haha all good mate, get back to work on one of your cars!

When the bluebird wagon gets historics, I'll drive it to Newcastle and return your handbrake cable as well mate! (assuming we don't break down 20 times on the way ;) )