Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:29 am 

Hi I have just installed an a15 into a 120y. Nothing special just a mild cam extractors 32/36 weber and some mild porting. There are no problems with overheating yet (car has not had any real road service due to it not being registered.) . But I would really like to install a bigger radiator for those times when I would be crawling through traffic on a hot summer day.
The question is what are my options?
The current radiator is small, and old and I would like to upgrade before this car is back on the road again.
Appreciate your much valued advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:52 pm 

I've just installed a 1600 radiator into my 120Y. I used a 1600 radiator as it bolts in on one side and you only have to drill two hole s for the other.
The inlet an outlet are on the wrong end, so what the plan would be would be to get a second handy 1600 radiator, get it reco'd and get the inlet and out let swapped and then install.
Too easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:19 pm 

I had a sililar setup and used a TX? gemini radiator, had to use spacers to bolt it in and drill new holes, and I think use two bottom hoses, with one of them shortened to fit the top... cant remember. was pretty easy though and kept the car cool on 35degree days no worries.
A15 and stocko radiator boiled very quickly (10minutes)