Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:54 pm 

Gday, In a few weeks my twin 45's are going on my car. Ive booked it into an exhaust shop because the 2'' system thats already on it was done very dodgily by another exhaust place (rubs on chassis, sounds crap). So I want to put an exhaust on it that is best suited to the 45's. Im not putting extractors on it, just the open style 2Litre manifold (I spoke to Baz from Datsport and he said that manifold will be as good as if not better than extractors for applications up to 180hp.) I don't want it to be too loud but at the same time not restrict flow. The exhaust it has atm is a 2'' alumised mild steel, press bent system with a single glass pack muffler and that was just right as far as the noise factor goes. Will a 2'' alumised mild steel, mandrel bent system with a single muffler be ok? Because of the webers, will they make the exhaust noise louder aswell as induction noise?

Thanks a lot for your help guys, I do make alot of posts that probably wastes your time, but bear with me as Im only a Kid and im doing the best I can! :lol:

Daily - '85 XF Falcon Spak Wagon (that I don't care about)

On going project - '79 L18 Powered Datsun Sunny, Twin 45's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:20 pm 

The noise should be the same at the same rpm. But with the webers you might be able to pull more rpm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:40 am 

Isnt that half the reason why we run webbers? For the sound that they make? And if you want more noise, just add two. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:02 am 

I was talking exhaust noise, not induction noise :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:29 pm 

Quote:
I was talking exhaust noise, not induction noise
:lol:
i was surprised how loud they can be, when i had a set on u could actually hear them over the sound of the exhaust and the exhaust on that was 96db when i had it tested and was a pressbent 2inch with a single muffler and still seems to do the job well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:15 pm 

Who cares about perfornance dude"? If it rubs on chassis , it's crap. replace. I'mm dsrink. DFid I m,ention I'm sdrunk?