Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: "Getting there"
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:24 pm 

Hi guys as the title says I baught this in 2004 one owner 1969. Plans are extensive and i am doing all the work myself apart from the paint. so its a learning process aswell as a project. Though i guess its needless to say that when you finish such a thing them you will get a better feeling of acomplishment.

Paul

www.my510.gallery.netspace.net.au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:40 am 

BTW let me know what you think/ suggestions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:39 pm 

a suggestion? replace that "ventilation" hole in the drivers footwell with some kind of sheet metal...
i shouldnt be smart-mouthed, i bet mine is worse under that crappy home-job enamel that it has...
one day it will be restored
just not this year
... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:22 am 

Hey Dattoact,

I envy your setup. I have what is little more than a carport with a dirt floor for my Rally 1600 rebuild. Shelving is a must with full rebuilds and I can see you already have some. Make sure everything you take off the car is marked, I tried but still had bits and pieces go missing.
It helps if you have a plan with what order you do things in. I didn't, and subsequently fell into the trap of doing 5 minutes work on the easy stuff, and never really acheived anything of significance after a whole weekends work.
Doing it yourself is better in my opinion as you learn exactly what has gone into everything on your car, as well as the condition of every part and (usually) how it works :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:45 pm 

I've just come accross your project pic's, so maybe you've already finished the engine bay. If not I have a couple of suggestions (both based on my experience)

1. consider removing the washer bottle mount and locating a washer bottle in the boot. It's only a few spot welds and will clean up a large area.

2. Think about filling the original horn mounts and using late model (smaller) horns hidden in front of the rad support panel.

If you do those things you will have a much cleaner engine bay.

Great attention to detail - looking forward to progress pics.

Cheers,

Garry