Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:42 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: EnFlaMEd's 910
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:07 pm 

Car: S3 TR-X

Engine: FJ20et, small front mount, 3" exhaust, turbosmart single stage 10psi, modified to run LPG using GSA 280 carb and supporting LPG system.

Power: 160rwkw, 428nm

Suspension: White line strut brace, r31 25mm sway bar, kyb shocks and lowered springs (front)

Brakes: R31 front ventilated rotors and calipers. S3 disk rear.

Body: Series 2 bumpers, Series 2 front and rear spoilers, Series 1 headlights and indicators, white duco, tint.

Wheels: 15" Simmons VR4, yoko es100 front, faulken rear.

Future Plans: As soon as I find s13 Coilovers to my liking they will be installed. I have already purchased s13 sr20det hubs, slotted rotors and URAS pads. Once this is competed I will be looking at upgrading the diff to an LSD. I have already purchased a 4.11 center as a donor. After this I plan on purchasing a t2 manifold and gt28rs. This will be followed by a new gearbox and clutch. I might paint it one day.

[ img ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:18 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

neat car. On gas too. 8)
Go the FJ!
Got any engine bay pics you can share?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:15 pm 

Hey I dont have anything recent but you can check out

http://www.910bluebird.com/gallery/v/EnFlaMEds910/

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:31 am 

Sweet car... makes me wanna get off my arse and finish off my bluebird

Hows the FJ motor go with the LPG have you had any problems? or was anything done prior to fitting?

I have been considering putting full time lpg on my FJ20et but am unsure if the motor would last in unopened trim...?

Im saving a complete Ca18DE for my blue just got no time to work on it and got to much sht takin up space... cheers anyhow sweet ride

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:44 pm 

I didnt do the original conversion myself but I dont think any kind of prep work was done to the head. The current motor has been in the car for about 3 years without a problem.
I recently had to buy a new carb, service line, gas tank and check valve to cope with the cars current power output.
Ive never driven a petty FJ so its hard to compare but I think it goes pretty well. Ive never had any troubles with starting it on cold mornings or anything but that said it definately doesnt start as smooth as EFI.
If your serious about a conversion give Graham West Workshops a call on 82775688. They are in Park Holme on Marion Rd. They work on my car and also another LPG fed fj20 dat as well as other turbo lpg converted vehicles such as the APE ba XR6 Turbo.

[ img ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:38 pm 

you i will have a chat to them for sure... its just near my work.

I was thinkin of using a GRA setup with a modified B2 converter and probly a 60L tank due to the 1600's boot size

Im running through a EMS currently and the idle isnt very good anyhow especially on start up...

Wat are you running it with have you gone to a carb dizzy E15 or A12?

If that was possible then i could sell the EMS and get a ignition only computer and have it mapped and the GRA throttle body calibrated to suit

What size lines and others are you using with 160Kw wat would be required if i was aiming for 200kw

Have you been able to take advantage of the LPG's higher octane and advanced timing? with out detonation?

Sorry bout all the Q's heard bout your car before and was curious how LPG would favor in the old FJ

cheers Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:15 pm 

I have no idea what dizzy its running but I did read somewhere in the paperwork I got with the car about it being from an e15.

I have an 8mm service line.

The car has never pinged and im pretty sure the timing is rather advanced somewhat. Base timing 17degrees up 35 springs to mind from what I can vaguely remember the mechanic at Graham West saying.

Ive been told that 200rwkw is pushing the limit for a single carb and single converter setup and that a twin setup would be needed for more. Though I cant really see how one would go about doing this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:39 pm 

Cheers for writtin back, I was curious bout the dizzy with lpg setup cause it would be better to run without ECU and emmissions and endless fuel upgrades, the GRA setup uses small machined slips to regulate the required gas

With the timing ive seen in a old fast fours or something a red queensland 1600 that was running LPG in a turbo SR20 they mentioned they were running 20deg or something

http://www.gasresearchpc.com.au/html/ga ... mance.html

Heres a link to the GasResearch site have a look at their twin converter setups im guessing a twin thoat FJ inlet plenum would be needed and the injector bosses arnt needed so gettin it made would be easier

http://www.delta-digital.com.au/Deltamax%20Info.htm
Heres the link to the DeltaMax Ignition computers

I just think LPG is the answer and im curious to see how much can be made from my FJ and still keep it reliable im only lookin for 200kw/250kw so a single GRA setup may get it there

Cheers Simon