Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: My 120Y
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:01 am 

Here's my 120Y I've had for a few months. Right now it has a cracked inlet manifold so I haven't driven it for ages. I'm looking for something to replace it but I haven't found anything yet. Anyway heres some pics and stuff.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

It has:
Rebuilt 14a motor with a mild cam
New extractors & 2" exhaust
New shocks & bushes, reset springs & leafs
New brakes
14" Wheels with 185/60 front & 195/65 rear tires
Most of the rust has been cut out & plated over & underneath has been sprayed with sound deadener.

Mods planned, if I get round to them are a webber carbie (hopefully comming soon), a paint job (probably bright yellow) and lower it at the back. And maybe some flares.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:44 am 

looks a bit like this one: :lol:
http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10021

I've got an oval port inlet manifold, but it doesnt have the plate for the bottom...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:09 am 

Funny that.. :oops: I wonder if some evil clone of mine is wrecking havock for me on here :?
Whats the plate for the bottom?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:21 am 

the plate for the hotbox, where it bolts to the exhaust manifold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:04 am 

Updating, my intake manifold developed a crack a while ago and I spent ages looking for something to replace it but manifolds were ridiculously expensive and there were no carbies in my price range but eventually I got twin hitachi carbs.
I just got them running today and the car goes soooo much better (still not fast but what do you expect).

I also poked some wiring up under the dash which earthed itself and snapped a wire in the engine bay and took out the headlights. That took a bit of figuring out but now its all good except the headlights still dont work. Luckily Ive got spotties tho :lol:

Post subject: Re: My 120Y
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:03 pm 

Wow it's been nearly a year since I updated this thread. A couple of weeks ago I painted the car cause it was starting to look a bit ratty and I only just took some pics today.

Also other things I've done in the last year are:
Woodgrain steering wheel
Tacho
CD player
Twin Hatachis (tuned today)
and obviously paint

It still has the same tires as when I bought the car though :shock: Anyway here's the pics.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

It was a home spray job that took about a week all up. Close up you can see imperfections and places where the preparation wasn't so good but still I think it looks pretty good and from a distance it looks really nice. It's definitely a better result than I was hoping for.
I'm also thinking about doing a black bonnet or GT stripes or something but I don't have the time/motivation to do anything about that at the moment.

I'm thinking about getting some twin webbers for the extra bit of awesome but it's kind of hard to justify putting $900 into a car I've only spent about $2600 on altogether. But still I'm pretty tempted. I can justify it to myself by saying I couldn't get much better for $3500. Anyway...