Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC+11:00

what colour should i paint my car?? (see page 3)
Gun Metal Gray 39%  39%  [ 13 ]
White 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Blue 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
Purple 18%  18%  [ 6 ]
Yellow 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Total votes: 33
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:57 pm 

Wiseys180 wrote:
i dont know how much you paid for it but that is one hell of a buy :D and your body work is looking sweet as for a datto so you are pretty much set. Mechanically you cant go too wrong, the are fairly simple cars and they rarely have problems and if they do the are no major problem to fix. What school you going to?? and what subjects do you do? im in yr 12 aswell at koonung which is in box hill if you know where that is. gonna be fuckn awesome in a week and a half or so when we are finished!
yeah, my last exam is next Thursday but the car is such a distraction!!!

i'm at padua in mornington, doing the "asian five" (english, methods, spesh, physics and chem) dont ask me why, i'm still working that out.

as for the body, its fairly good, the paint job is pretty bad, few bubbles and lots of paint chips but thats just an excuse to paint it and getting it looking great! but the past few days i'm striped the interior and found some rust :( but i'll get on top of that asap.

cheers
Darcy

sadly, the 120y blew up and the old sss was sold to a better home.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:24 pm 

dw im almost in the same situation with school, doing physics chem methords bio and english, i did genral B last year and didnt keep up with the work so there was no way i was doing spesh this year. but i reckon we get it easier, ppl doing arts have to work their ass off to get a semi decent grade cos most their subjects go down where as we can jst do average and because everything is marked up we do fair well. My gf is doing an arts type coarse and if we got the same raw score for all our subjects my enter would be 12 around points higher.

Happens that i have a 180b SSS as well, though urs looks like a show car compared to myne, which im going to start restoring over summer. also got two sedans, one as a parts car and the other as a daily. do you plan on completly stripping ur car before u go for roadie?? cos from photos it dosent look that far from RWC anyway. you should get a RWC and drive it for a while. if you start stripping it you will prob want to do a respray/resto and wont be able to drive it for ages, i reckon you should have some fun first. Is it an auto or manual?

180b Wagon daily
http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 9&start=30

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:36 pm 

Wiseys180 wrote:
dw im almost in the same situation with school, doing physics chem methords bio and english, i did genral B last year and didnt keep up with the work so there was no way i was doing spesh this year. but i reckon we get it easier, ppl doing arts have to work their ass off to get a semi decent grade cos most their subjects go down where as we can jst do average and because everything is marked up we do fair well. My gf is doing an arts type coarse and if we got the same raw score for all our subjects my enter would be 12 around points higher.

Happens that i have a 180b SSS as well, though urs looks like a show car compared to myne, which im going to start restoring over summer. also got two sedans, one as a parts car and the other as a daily. do you plan on completly stripping ur car before u go for roadie?? cos from photos it dosent look that far from RWC anyway. you should get a RWC and drive it for a while. if you start stripping it you will prob want to do a respray/resto and wont be able to drive it for ages, i reckon you should have some fun first. Is it an auto or manual?
so all in all, school sucks

its not show room, far from it. the pictures dont show the many paint chips and terrible paint job on it, so i've already started striping in slowly, the interior is pretty shot, complete but just rips and a lot of paint stains :?: so i'm planning on restoring, re trimming the interior close to original as possible, but i'm thinking a black and gray colour scheme rather then brown on brown. whatch you all think?

gettting a roady would be smart in one sense, but if i go get one with it yellow, drive it for a bit then strip in and respray, and change the colour (not sure if i will or not, my girlfriends want me to go deep purple) it it has to go thru the painful process of changing details with VICroads, which i will try to avoid.

cheers
Darcy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:47 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

A purple 180B SSS would look pretty cool. Look for Riley's old 180B, that's purple and looks nice. Although never listen to girl's advice on cars! Otherwise you'll end up with a pink car with a love heart chrome tip and other horrible accessories :lol:

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:59 pm 

green200b wrote:
A purple 180B SSS would look pretty cool. Look for Riley's old 180B, that's purple and looks nice. Although never listen to girl's advice on cars! Otherwise you'll end up with a pink car with a love heart chrome tip and other horrible accessories :lol:
my mum also wants it purple :oops:

but purple was my idea too, but still undecided.

gun metal gray would also look nice, like this 2000GT one.
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
dukes5229img600x4501215fe2.jpg [ 42.19 KiB | Viewed 772 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:50 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

I saw a nice one up near Greensborough once, I was just explaining to some friends how rare they were and then one drove past...

Anyway, it was a really nice red colour. I thought it looked awesome! But I guess do a Google picture search and see which colours they look nice in.

The fleet:

Australia:

Europe:
Dato200B wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:54 pm 

green200b wrote:
I saw a nice one up near Greensborough once, I was just explaining to some friends how rare they were and then one drove past...

Anyway, it was a really nice red colour. I thought it looked awesome! But I guess do a Google picture search and see which colours they look nice in.
i didnt know there were any over here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:15 am 

I reckon keep the yellow, but go a shade or three darker. Will look old school 70's tough.

Going with your mum's advice is never a good idea. I told my mum your car had twin SU's on it and she said it was a "cop magnet" :blahblah:

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:33 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

nswdatsun wrote:
I reckon keep the yellow, but go a shade or three darker. Will look old school 70's tough.

Going with your mum's advice is never a good idea. I told my mum your car had twin SU's on it and she said it was a "cop magnet" :blahblah:
The one time I got pulled over in my 200B, it was about as stock as it has been for almost two years...with a single carbie!

The fleet:

Australia:

Europe:
Dato200B wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:01 pm 

hey guys

yesterday SSS 610 came round and in suspected my (mostly) stripped car for rust. looks like i'm lucky, just surface rust, nothing structural. :D so he's gonna come round in a few weeks(when i get around to organizing it) and help/ teach me how to remove rust and make everything look pretty :) . should be fun.

in the mean time i'll be working working and working(might even get a second job) to pay for parts to get it on the road. hopefully the engine doesnt need much work/new bits and pieces.

i also have a decision to make, with the car completely striped, no interior and chrome and what not for the rust repair, i can get it sprayed and have the PERFECT body/shell/base to start with. so i have some questions,

- A - lets start easy, Should i get it sprayed?

- B - what colour??

any opinions welcome

cheers
Darcy
:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:30 am 

POLL!!!

here are some examples for the colours in the poll

Gun Metal Gray:
Attachment:
File comment: gun metal gray?
[ attachment ]
dukes5229img600x4501215fe2.jpg [ 42.19 KiB | Viewed 745 times ]
White:
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
102wheeltest.jpg [ 61.33 KiB | Viewed 762 times ]
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
18366635.180BSSS.jpg [ 51.74 KiB | Viewed 756 times ]
Blue, like Fr3aks old sss:
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
DSC00027.jpg [ 72.93 KiB | Viewed 762 times ]
Purple:
[ img ]

yellow:
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
33ff8uu.jpg [ 48.47 KiB | Viewed 760 times ]
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
2180773167_1fbf6dc3ca.jpg [ 26.13 KiB | Viewed 760 times ]
opinions?

thanks in advanced
:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:00 am 

i say fully sick canary yellow with silver bottom bro!

nah jks

Yellow or White, come on my car needs a sibling lol

gun metal is my top pic tho!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:22 am 

SIX-TEN wrote:
i say fully sick canary yellow with silver bottom bro!

nah jks

Yellow or White, come on my car needs a sibling lol

gun metal is my top pic tho!
lol

i'm torn between the yellow, white and gun metal!

the white just looks so nice and clean.
the yellow is original.
and the gun metal just looks ace.

have a look at this Z i found in gun metal (on an ebay listing for the fender mirrors :) )
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
f50d_1.JPG [ 19.06 KiB | Viewed 753 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:34 am 

This is why I went with white in the first place, it is a safe colour, you can get away with small inperfections and it also looks real neat specially in the sun, can be touched up fairly easy but sometimes it can look borring specially when it's dirty.

Yellow is not too bad but it really stands out, nice colour to look at and its the original color of the car which means you can get away with not painting the boot or the enginebay which also will save you money, it will also be pretty unique because I've hardly ever seen a yellow 180B.

Gun metal gray is sick colour I contemplated this colour too and I love it to bits, BMW have heaps of nice hues but since it is a metalic the body has to be real nice and straight, it will also be expensive and will be a pain to touch up and if you get some damage the panel beater will most likely have to spray a whole panel or two to blend it in because metalic colours show up inperfections quite a bit, trust me I had a burgundy Integra that looked candy apple in the sun but if someone tapped it with their door at the carpark or soemthign it will show up for sure! :(

white and yellow can be done in acrylic which means it could be done on a budget and get real good results also doesn't have to be done in a both opposed to 2pak, also they're easy to touch up specially white, but the gun metalic will highlight the lines of the SSS and wont be too over the top like white and yellow, just do expect having to strip the whole car since I doubt you would want a nice gun metalic exterior and a Yellow engine bay or boot.

The choises are real good but it's up to you in the end.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:42 am 

BTW here is a couple of pics of mine in the sun to give you and idea, oh and if you go purple the only purple I suggest is Morpheous <- (spell) purple which is the new VE SS colour.

Attachments:
File comment: VE purple
[ attachment ]
i.holden.VE.ute.SS.V.morpheous.s.fr.07aug.jpg [ 9.98 KiB | Viewed 903 times ]
[ attachment ]
06092008129.jpg [ 86.16 KiB | Viewed 746 times ]
[ attachment ]
06092008127.jpg [ 60.77 KiB | Viewed 747 times ]
[ attachment ]
06092008128.jpg [ 66.85 KiB | Viewed 751 times ]