Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:26 pm 

MR1600 the inlet is standard S12, i sandblasted it... looks good but will look crap as it gets dirty... hopefully it will match my dirty head and oil pump soon

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:59 pm 

More Pics

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
Engine Bay.jpg [ 40.81 KiB | Viewed 1949 times ]
[ attachment ]
W754.jpg [ 59.46 KiB | Viewed 1949 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:02 pm 

Here are some more pics its slowly gettting there... Damm im so slack i wanted this done ages ago...

Simon

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
FJ.jpg [ 38.42 KiB | Viewed 1925 times ]
[ attachment ]
Boot.jpg [ 44.98 KiB | Viewed 1925 times ]
[ attachment ]
jan07 front.jpg [ 47.57 KiB | Viewed 1925 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:16 pm 

Geez i always waste so much money...

These Puppies are in good condition, but i wanna swap the Turbo ZY center with a new Garret core after i get all this handling and braking sorted out

The front cover is correctly joined... these Turbo ZY turbos can be very dodgy, there are ones where the two cast bits are only glued causing seperation and some people have experienced poorly balenced grenades

The center has a cracked oil drain bolt flange but i want to get a better quality core, and upgrade the fuel setup before i use it... Turbo ZY use Turbonetics rear housings but manufacture their own centeres and front covers

Be wary of these on ebay...

Simon

Last edited by DATWILLDECM8 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:33 pm 

Hey all, check my first post on page 1 for a recent update...

Ill get some new pics up soon was having probs last time i tried

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:51 am 

Very neat :hail: That badges look sooooo nice :thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:41 pm 

Had the big day last sunday... its been bout a year and a half since i started up the FJ

Had some mates up for a BBQ, we finished getting the inlet and fuel rail together bout noon and she was purrin not long after, my mate put the brake booster hose on around the wrong way but as soon as i sorted that it was holding idle excactly at 1000rpm and running heaps quiet, and was charging the alternator

Ive made alot of new loom and added more gauges and stuff so it was a sorta fingers crossed moment, I had problems with melted wires and all stuff to redo so im supprised i got the EMS, starter and alt all working correctly

The oil pressure went up to 80-90 psi and the coolant system is all bleed now, ive had a fair bit done recently to the car, i got a Datsport R31 disk put on which im very happy with, and the guys have made fixed my coilover inserts and put better front springs on, all the calipers are fitted and i bleed the hydrolic lines

Finding it hard to get pics up as i havnt got net up in the hills, but next time im here i can put some up of it on the start day

If i pull my finger out and get my doors back on and assembled it might be just a few weeks from hittin the streets

:D

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:21 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Good stuff Simon. Sure to bring a smile to the dial eh?
As you probably know theres a 1600 cruise on Feb18th upto Tanunda so ill give you my encouragement to get it finished and ready for a cruise then.
good luck and bring on the pics! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:58 pm 

Hey heres some recent pics...

Cheers nick, you i will be there for sure... :wink:

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
Picture 264.jpg [ 69.19 KiB | Viewed 1833 times ]
[ attachment ]
Picture 260.jpg [ 61.02 KiB | Viewed 1834 times ]
[ attachment ]
Picture 213.jpg [ 45.29 KiB | Viewed 1835 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:01 pm 

Some more...

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
Picture 233.jpg [ 50.92 KiB | Viewed 1834 times ]
[ attachment ]
Picture 251.jpg [ 40.15 KiB | Viewed 1832 times ]
[ attachment ]
Picture 266.jpg [ 51.96 KiB | Viewed 1833 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:54 pm 

Mate where in the hills are you? Im in stirling... would love to meet up for a squiz sometime :wink:

Lookin awesome,
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:01 am 

Not far from Stiring... Bradbury probly 10 mins

Send me a PM some time if you wanna come down

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:54 pm 

Looking good.Cant wait to see it on the road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:56 pm 

No sh*t just above mylor... i deliver on bradbury road a lot...

Keep it up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:39 pm 

Hey guys,

Just a progress update, ive been making some calls to Regency to get this thing SA approved... :mner:

After over 50 calls over two years and being assured that it just needs an inspection and the engineering can be swaped over from NSW to SA i am totally getting rammed by a HUGE HUGE HUGE mother

Ive sent all my forms off to them and was supprised to find that they want me to re-engineer it...

When i called them i was told that it was due to the report not stating that its a turbo motor... I didnt have the engineering report at work so i couldnt check it, the dude was a total ass and wouldnt give me any help, just said speak to an engineer

Made some calls, Rory thompson being the best advice wise but im looking at 2k to get it tested and drawn up... According to RTA they still have the right to refuse it even if its SA engineered

I got home and i wasnt supprised to see that its listed as a FJ20T, i called them today and told the guy to read my other page that was faxed to him, he was quiet for like 3 mins then said that i need it redone cause it doesnt state the track of the car... WTF it is stock track, and he said that the report doesnt state the brakes work...

I read the last line to him, The vehicle complies to all related australian design rules, and all work is structually sound

All i got was that doesnt state the brakes work...WTF its been on the road for 7 years before i bought it and your telling me that this hasnt got working brakes, It seems to me that this nob is just making sht up and nit picking so i have to go throught the whole process again

I dont see how my mate with a NSW engineered VL with RB20DET can come in for the inspection, have a new certificate drawn up by them and be passed and i cant...? apparently as they previously told me i should have been able to do the same

His report was alot more breif than mine, and it was in SA rego within that day... What a load of ass

If it comes down to it i will get it re-engineered but what kinda sht can you seriously do when they are being wanks, I spoke to the guys at the sturt inspection station and they dont see any reason why i cant just change it over, If its been seen to by an engineer why on earth should i need to justify spending 2k for a paper document when i already have one...WTF It must have been ok or it wouldnt have been given in the first place

Now im going to have to drive out there and meet up with the head honcho to discuss it further... Im seriously pissed and i will try all my options before caving in

And i still plan to be on the cruise, registered or not... :wink:

Simon