Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC+11:00

what colour should i paint my car?? (see page 3)
Gun Metal Gray 39%  39%  [ 13 ]
White 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Blue 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
Purple 18%  18%  [ 6 ]
Yellow 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Total votes: 33
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:54 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

I reckon leave it yellow. Not because it's the original colour, but I think it looks nice the wy it is, and that yellow one you have pictured looks awesome!

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:17 pm 

SIX-TEN wrote:
This is why I went with white in the first place, it is a safe colour, you can get away with small inperfections and it also looks real neat specially in the sun, can be touched up fairly easy but sometimes it can look borring specially when it's dirty.

Yellow is not too bad but it really stands out, nice colour to look at and its the original color of the car which means you can get away with not painting the boot or the enginebay which also will save you money, it will also be pretty unique because I've hardly ever seen a yellow 180B.

Gun metal gray is sick colour I contemplated this colour too and I love it to bits, BMW have heaps of nice hues but since it is a metalic the body has to be real nice and straight, it will also be expensive and will be a pain to touch up and if you get some damage the panel beater will most likely have to spray a whole panel or two to blend it in because metalic colours show up inperfections quite a bit, trust me I had a burgundy Integra that looked candy apple in the sun but if someone tapped it with their door at the carpark or soemthign it will show up for sure! :(

white and yellow can be done in acrylic which means it could be done on a budget and get real good results also doesn't have to be done in a both opposed to 2pak, also they're easy to touch up specially white, but the gun metalic will highlight the lines of the SSS and wont be too over the top like white and yellow, just do expect having to strip the whole car since I doubt you would want a nice gun metalic exterior and a Yellow engine bay or boot.

The choises are real good but it's up to you in the end.
hmmmm......

yeah, white is good, and i would be keeping the black window thing-a-ma-bob's and it would add some contrast but i hadn't thought about that side of gun metal...

and the purple on the Ute looks ace.

i still don't know!!! :?
i have a few weeks anyway, A, to get the body read for the spray and B to get some funds up for it.... i might ask parentals to pitch in :D

sadly, the 120y blew up and the old sss was sold to a better home.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:27 pm 

Dark yellow, go for a really deep shade of yellow, I reckon it'd look tough as.

And add an off centre black racing stripe 8)

Was contemplating putting one on my car, but it would look much better on a coupe, and silly on a 200B sedan with a vinyl roof...

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.

Last edited by James May on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:30 pm 

yeh i agree
make it like in your DP

1964 hillman minx under resto at the moment
BUT DATSUN COMING AFTER THAT
FORMERLY JDM120Y

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:13 am 

you wouldn't guess what I saw today on my way to work!

Canary yellow VL turbo with silver bottom! :shock:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :applause: :applause:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:06 pm 

SIX-TEN wrote:

haha

why you you do it to yourself??

but everyone, everyone look what i have :D

[ img ]

it arrived today, and just picked it up then

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:51 pm 

you probaly dont want to here this.i used to have a couple of these round gauge dash's i pulled out of 180b sss years ago,i think i wrecked em and probaly went to the tip :( i was more into my old EJ Holden wags back then. is yours the gt dash or sss?

GET THAT DATSUN DIFFERENCE!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:02 pm 

Nice cluster the reason i want a early sss is because of that cluster so cool and also cause they are pillar less and I have only owned 6 pillerless coupes :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:12 pm 

datdrift wrote:
you probaly dont want to here this.i used to have a couple of these round gauge dash's i pulled out of 180b sss years ago,i think i wrecked em and probaly went to the tip :( i was more into my old EJ Holden wags back then. is yours the gt dash or sss?
:shock: :cry:

that's such a sad thing! A cos they are pretty! and B, they're worth a fair bit now days too. you could have been rich!

its a sss one, well i think it is. what do you mean by gt? cos its out of a early sss.
97gtr wrote:
Nice cluster the reason i want a early sss is because of that cluster so cool and also cause they are pillar less and I have only owned 6 pillerless coupes :D
only 6? :lol:

this is my first car, and i'm so glad it is pillerless, makes it sooooo cool!!! when NSWdasun first found out, he was so impressed!! said it was the coolest bit about this car.

UPDATE

got the car started today. :D :D :D :D

so so happy. green200b came over and help me. we put some petrol in it, we(he) fiddled with some stuff under the bonnet and that was it! looks like i hadn't been running for a while, lots of black smoke from the exhaust, but after awhile and a bit of a tune it settle down.

now that i've finish school and exams :D i'll be working on it a fair bit, as well as getting a second job to fund this little project of mine. my aim is to have it regoed by January, (maybe not sprayed)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:07 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

SIX-TEN wrote:

You know, I'd be tempted so say I know the car...but there are so many f**king VLs in existance that I probably don't.
zanvour wrote:
green200b came over and help me. we put some petrol in it, we(he) fiddled with some stuff under the bonnet and that was it!
I must say it was a very interesting prospect, trying to make a Datsun start that I didn't own. But I'm glad it's running. And when zanvour says tune, I kind of had a quick fiddle with it (to the best of knowledge) and it blew slightly less smoke!

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 pm 

green200b wrote:
And when zanvour says tune, I kind of had a quick fiddle with it (to the best of knowledge) and it blew slightly less smoke!
hey, i was making you sound good. :lol: i do appreciate the help :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:05 am 

zanvour wrote:
this is my first car, and i'm so glad it is pillerless, makes it sooooo cool!!! when NSWdasun first found out, he was so impressed!! said it was the coolest bit about this car.
That car has got so many little cool things on it though...The black metal things at the bottom of the side windows, with the chrome trim on them... even the fuse box looks cool!

Oh, and you may want to get a full set of the correct fuses before we try and fix the wiring problems.

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:16 am 

I have one of the round gauge SSS clusters, problem is that I don't have the wiring for it so maybe one day when I stop being lazy I might wire it up my self and get it working.

i might have to come down and see this car for my self, I've always wanted a SSS but now that I have my sedan i rather finish it then buy a SSS and do full showroom restoration on it and turn it into a weekend cruiser.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:03 pm 

datdrift wrote:
you probaly dont want to here this.i used to have a couple of these round gauge dash's i pulled out of 180b sss years ago,i think i wrecked em and probaly went to the tip i was more into my old EJ Holden wags back then. is yours the gt dash or sss?

zanvour wrote
that's such a sad thing! A cos they are pretty! and B, they're worth a fair bit now days too. you could have been rich!

its a sss one, well i think it is. what do you mean by gt? cos its out of a early sss.

I have had 2or3 180b sss dashes,2x 200b sss,1x1600sss dash,and yeah i know theyre worth now,i used to work at the wreckers when i was 14,there were half a dozen 180bsss ,about 3 sx 200bs,1 x 200b sss plus others (all gone now),thats when i was into my old holdens :oops: .
In the last 11 years ive lost count of dattos ive owned,pretty sure i am way past the 100 mark.over 50 1600's,and im still far from rich :lol: ,what come's goes otherwise it rusts away :( .
though i do have a good collection of 1600 bits saved for my projects :D :D
heres some pics,early jdm sss taillights,gt 180b dash(differs to yours),180 bee gee tee :P

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
180b sssjdmlights.jpg [ 19.43 KiB | Viewed 809 times ]
[ attachment ]
gt 180b.jpg [ 67.37 KiB | Viewed 806 times ]
[ attachment ]
gtee180bee.jpg [ 69.03 KiB | Viewed 806 times ]
[ attachment ]
180bgt 75.jpg [ 61.07 KiB | Viewed 807 times ]
[ attachment ]
bluebird gt 1975 180b gt.jpg [ 64.64 KiB | Viewed 806 times ]
[ attachment ]
gt180b.jpg [ 60.43 KiB | Viewed 809 times ]

GET THAT DATSUN DIFFERENCE!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:24 pm 

Oh my god I'm so jealous of you now!

Love the back seats on the 610!

I think that GT dash only works with the factory EFI???

I may be worng but I've only seen that dash on the 2000GT/X and factory EFI SSS.