Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:22 pm 

Hey mate,

looking good, brings back memories from the fuel lines :evil:

Regards,

Trent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:06 pm 

Thanks mate, yeah the fuel lines are a pain to get the exact same hahaha.

Ive made a little progess not as much as id like but some is better than none hahaha.

- I have mounted the engine
- finished the hard fuel lines
- got a catch can and windscreen washer tank made up
- refurished the ash tray
- made a few braided lines for the fuel system
- been mucking around with the front brake lines

Engine mounted, im using a datsport kit. I plan to run a RB25det gearbox so the sr20 gearbox isn't mounted

[ img ]

The lines are stainless steel. I got some stainless JIC fittings from a local hydraulic supplies. They just slip on and you tighten the nut side a certain amount of turns (depending on what size tube) and they are also reuseable pretty cool and very easy. My proflow fittings connect up nicely I will use some ARP Teflon paste on final install

[ img ]

I came up with a different shape catch can and windscreen washer tank after many cardboard mock ups hahaha. I took them to ariel at custom plenum creations and he made them up for me im very happy with them.

[ img ]

[ img ]

The tube the filter is connected to runs all the way up to the top

[ img ]

The bracket on the side of the windscreen washer tank is for mounting my fuel regulator

[ img ]

[ img ]

Cheers,

Richard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:39 pm 

Looks ace. Should do the trick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:56 pm 

My ashtray was looking a little worst for wear haha

[ img ]

A bit of flat black makes it a little better, although ill never use it I still needed to touch it up lol

[ img ]

This is the RB25det adapter plate its a good bit of kit

[ img ]

Ive been collecting parts the whole time (as usual haha) im waiting on a nice package from japan included is a uncut dash frame and a few other little goodies but best of all I finally found a 69 SSS glovebox lid and its also crack free lets hope it stays like that lol

[ img ]

[ img ]

I did rebuild my pedal box but as I found out the late model pedal box is slightly different to the early model and one of the bolt holes doesn't line up (the upper most one closest to where the upper part of the steering column bolts to) so I have one of those coming too.

Cheers,

Richard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:39 pm 

Today I got a bargain! I picked up this go pipes manifold for a very good price, brand new never used the old owner bought a turbo package so sold this on. Im looking to run a precision 5858.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

I've also started to recondition my heater box hopefully ill be finished by the weekend haha

Cheers,

Richard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:06 pm 

Small update I ordered some number plates today! Very happy and surprised they were still available to be honest hahaha

[ img ]

Cheers,

Richard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:39 pm 

Great work Butch! Keep the updates coming through :). Question why did you choose the S13 over the S14?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:29 pm 

Thanks mate.

I drove to Queensland and bought all the parts from an unfinished project besides the shell and the s13 sr20det came with it all so I thought i may as well use it hahaha.

Cheers,

Richard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:21 pm 

Today I finished my front brake lines besides one. They are a mixture of stainless steel and steel lines. All the fittings are proflow stainless steel. I bent and flared the lines myself. The local brake shop wouldn't flare them for me (useless haha) so I bought a eastwood flaring kit, eastwood bending pilers, a ridgid 3/16 bender and a ridgid pipe cutter all the tools have been awesome im glad I bite the bullet and got proper tools haha.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

I also fitted one side of the fitting kit, strut included. Im using white line bushes, datsport sr20 fitting kit, datsport r31 coil over. The camber top mounting studs didn't line up with the strut tower holes so I had to drill all three holes for it to fit. I also fitted one of my rims to see if they will fit properly ill have to get the guards rolled.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Cheers,

Richard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:50 pm 

Nice bolt on bits mate. Thats one thing that bugs me every time I pop my bonnet, my ugly mc brake lines. I'm not willing to change them so gues I'll have to deal with it. Yours look great.

How come you didnt go with the SR20 6 speed box? Would have been great for the hwy.

Just be careful with using JIC and AN fittings, the flare degree on both are not always the same. Should be ok but in some instances cause a weep/leak.

Nice plenum.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:28 am 

Thanks mate ive been collecting for a while haha, it took a few attempts for me to be happy with the line routing. Im going the rb25det box because i am chasing approx 300kw atw (i probably wont run that straight away so i can get use to it but want the potential for the car to withstand that sort of power). I bought 37 degree dies and 45 degree dies, 37 for the an fittings and 45 for the m10x1mm. I hope they dont leak haha will be a while before off i can test them.
It is a mr enforcer plenum and a plazaman tps im looking forward to getting this thing running eventually lol.

Cheers,

Richard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:49 pm 

NSW number plate pricing is such a **** joke. at least yours isn't $440 a year.

i don't understand the design behind your catch can. why is the breather underneath?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:38 pm 

Yeah man NSW plates are a rort im cheering its only $99 a year its a little bit easier to justify haha. The breather is connected to a tube that runs up to the top so essentially its the same as having the breather on top. I got it put there so the filter is a little hidden and also so theres more room for the turbo/dump pipe.

Cheers,

Richard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:51 pm 

Small update. I have decided to go a different route on turbo selection. I have decided to go a BorgWarner sx300 63mm, which is a t4 twin scroll. So i have brought a 6 boost manifold, the turbo and twin tial 38mm mv-s waste gates. The turbo also came with a new front housing. The turbo was used on a sr20det 1600 before and the it made 600hp atw so it will meet my needs haha. My go pipes manifold no longer suits my application so is for sale if anyone is interested haha. 7+

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Cheers,

Richard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:43 pm 

That is a massive turbo mate