Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:25 pm 

Im often out those ways nik, where are these hairpins? never seem them before :?

Abit offtopic, I worked in Bayswater last week (Sorry couldnt drop by, was in the workvan) that pie shed joint kicks ass :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:58 pm 

hairpin near the BMX track near park orchards as you are about to get onto Reynolds road, (I think it's park orchards)
and another beauty about 5K out of sunbury just after Tulamarine airport.
(it's a bloody great big dipper with a narrow bridge!) Fantastic!

YOU WERE IN BAYSWATER? DAMN MAN.
Pie joint is very good. Bills fish and chip shop is damn good too. Their hamburgers are fantastic.

Maybe I should just arrange a cruise to Bayswater (via the pie shop and fish and chip shop!!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:56 pm 

i drive along Renolds rd to park orchards and home again every week cos i have an english tutor out there, i think i know the hair pin your talking about, nice windy section of road but the speed limit is 60 through the windy bit and its crowded as ****! man drive the kinglake heidleberg rd to kinglake you go up through mt slide and it kicks arse there are hair pins ever 100m :P fun as, though its a rather slow bit of road cos of how windy it is but then from kinglake you can ride the kinglake heilsvill rd to healsvill through tollangi forest and thats FKN FAST!!!! nice and wide real windy 100km/h speed limit and hardly any cars :P and then from heilsvill you can go down past MT Tanglefoot around donna bueang and thats ANOTHER awesome rd, Man near healisvill etc is the best driving ever :P and like rod said the black spur is up that way too :P ( though i found that exeptionly busy and frustrating)

Im not sure if you'll read this Richard, thought working in gippy have you ever been on the grand ridge road? im going in two weeks and im absolutly insanely excited about it it looks AWESOME!! just wondering if you have ever been on it and weather it be a good or bad experience?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 am 

I've driven the Kinglake/heidelberg Yarraglen road a couple of times, and every time I get stuck behind some BMW motor bike doing 60 in a 100 zone.
Drives me nuts. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:56 am 

My Vote:

Toolangi – Healesville: too tight for motorbikes... not commonly used. Perfect cambered corners about 10kms of fun.... just pray for no wildlife :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:20 pm 

Rigto, anyone interested in a cruise up that way?? being we are all talking about it :P :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:30 pm 

I thought I would revive the debate about the best road to the snow in Victoria.

A new road has just opened connecting Rawson to Mt Baw Baw Alpine Village, called the South Face Road. Its gravel, but its been built to carry B Double Log trucks (in Summer) so its well built, wide and sweeping bends from go to whoa.

If you want to visit the snow, travel to Moe, then turn off the highway and go north to Rawson. 4 kms north of Rawson turn west along the new South Face Road - not shown on your map. Note: Snow chains must be carried at the present time.

South Face Road travels west along the Baw Baw Range for about 18kms, to a new intersection with the Mt Baw Baw Road right at the point of entry to the Alpine resort (former Neulynes Mill site). This way to Mt Baw Baw is a lot easier than the normal route from Noojee.

Visit the resort for a ski before returning to Melbourne (via Tanjil Bren, Icy Creek and Noojee if you want a "round trip" and lots of winding road).

Great days drive and a great day skiing.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:00 pm 

Rod F wrote:
I like the road going through the Black Spur. It's between Healesville and Narbethong. It's not long, but has nice twisty roads and great rainforest views with the tallest trees i've ever seen.
Can be slippery during cooler months but worth a look.
Hey rod... Is this the road that is twisted as all buggery with no roads going off it nywhere for like 25ks? I actually think its the Reefton spur i may be thinking of, both in the same area.... Anyway, the road i am thinking of would be absolutely insane for a datto cruise. Not far into it the speed limit goes from 100 to no limit at all (the sign says "END 100KM/hr), and is about 40 minutes worth of harsh bends and bugger all straights. Just might wanna take a 4x4 as a recovery vehicle though, hahahaha.
Wish i had my datto back together now :(
Quote:
Bills fish and chip shop is damn good too. Their hamburgers are fantastic.
WORD to that man. I was there on opening day and was a regular until i moved outta melbs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:58 pm 

richardc wrote:
I thought I would revive the debate about the best road to the snow in Victoria.

A new road has just opened connecting Rawson to Mt Baw Baw Alpine Village, called the South Face Road. Its gravel, but its been built to carry B Double Log trucks (in Summer) so its well built, wide and sweeping bends from go to whoa.

If you want to visit the snow, travel to Moe, then turn off the highway and go north to Rawson. 4 kms north of Rawson turn west along the new South Face Road - not shown on your map. Note: Snow chains must be carried at the present time.

South Face Road travels west along the Baw Baw Range for about 18kms, to a new intersection with the Mt Baw Baw Road right at the point of entry to the Alpine resort (former Neulynes Mill site). This way to Mt Baw Baw is a lot easier than the normal route from Noojee.

Visit the resort for a ski before returning to Melbourne (via Tanjil Bren, Icy Creek and Noojee if you want a "round trip" and lots of winding road).

Great days drive and a great day skiing.
the normal way from noojee is mad fun tho

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:46 pm 

There's a road up in red hill/flinders way that has no speed limit and is also quite bendy. I've only driven on it when I was on my L's though, with my parents, so very little fun was had. I was forced to do 60...
Next time I'm down that way, I'll go find it.

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:03 pm 

Dirt/gravel or tarmac?

No speed limit? I thought the maximum was 110, even if there was no signs. OR even worse. Because there are no signs, it is 50... But isn't that just in a built up area??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:51 pm 
Old Digger

Arthur's seat late late at night is my fav. Used to do alot of drifting up there whan I had the S13. Mrs won't let me take her R33 any where near that direction :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:50 am 

SR20Datsun wrote:
Dirt/gravel or tarmac?

No speed limit? I thought the maximum was 110, even if there was no signs. OR even worse. Because there are no signs, it is 50... But isn't that just in a built up area??

I think it changes from tarmac to dirt at some point. There's a sign that says END 100KM/H at the start of it.

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:53 pm 

MYDATO wrote:
Arthur's seat late late at night is my fav. Used to do alot of drifting up there whan I had the S13. Mrs won't let me take her R33 any where near that direction :(
:lol: :lol: Yeah that's my fav for sure, nice view on the way up/down....

I took my missus old Pug GTI up there and it got a workout, I used to go with mates just about every weekend and they all had S13s and the occasional Mazda,Honda or Toyota.

real sideways fun lol

I have been in the Datto but had to be tamed since I went up with the missus, so it's was very little fun :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:18 pm 

Anyone know where Yarram is in Gippsland?

Just came back from the area doing a run for work, and had a ball driving along the roads to and from there. Went south from Morwell going past Loy Yang power station, then through a logging area in the Strezlecki Ranges with a brilliant road that twists and turns through to Gormandale and then on to Yarram. Then travelled back to Melbourne going through Foster, Leongatha and Kurrumburra. Was doing 100+ regularly in the Captiva I drive for work!!! So want to do that drive in the Datto. Great roads, little traffic and didnt see a single cop car.

Just gotta watch out for logging trucks.... they BIG!!!