Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:53 pm 

At the moment my '76 120Y goes a bit faster thanks to the L18 donk, but unfortunately still corners like a double decker bus and stops just about as well :wink:

Any of you got any ideas how I could improve this....apart from replacing everything from the spot lights back :)

Post subject: 120ybother
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:11 am 
do the usual stuff like, shortened/hardened springs, big sway bar etc. Shorter struts and lowered/hardened leaf springs. Then work on camber etc. Some fat tyres if you dont have already etc, etc.

Tyres then sway bar to start with then go on with the rest.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:35 am 

Personally, I'd work on brakes first. Maybe better pad material in the front to cope with the added weight of your L series motor. If you go bigger wheels, you may want bigger/better brakes too.

And after all that, remember this pearl of wisdom :

"You can't polish a turd." :lol:

Cheers,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:03 pm 

bro this is what id do if i were you depending on how bigger wheels you had, grab some r31 struts and brake setup, instantly your breakes and rotors are way bigger vented and beter all round (15" wheels need to do this) the struts are 50mm shorter then standard 1600 ones, i dont no how long 120y ones are but im assuming they are about the same as highrider 1600 struts, grab yourself some supperlow kings or somthing similar, and maybe a stiffer shock insert like kyb or somthing a bit more expencive like koni or bilstein and thats your front sorted. you could even convert the struts to a coil over system. to use these struts you probably need to use your 120y top hat which should from memory bolt straight on.

if your not using anything bigger then 14" wheels then do the same thing as above with bluebird struts they have bigger rotors and here in nz( i dont think its the same in oz) we have vented rotors for bluebird aswell.

if your only using 13" wheels id just get some 200b struts and brakes, shorten the shocks and the spring and your sorted.

in the back id get a decent hard insert and squash/reset/harden your leafs to the level you want.
hope some of this helps.