Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:05 pm 

well here it is, the first timed sprint at Lakeside since the re-opening. And its only $99 for pre-paid entries. That's half of what we've been paying to get on the track through a couple of third parties running untimed track days there! I've faxed my entry in. my advice -get in quick!

come on Jeff - Lakeside on the 14th, Noosa on the 15th, what a weekend!!!

http://www.queenslandraceway.com.au/lak ... index.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:36 pm 

i want to get there before they close it for repairs, but i need to do a few things before doing anymore hi-speed work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:13 pm 

WELL THAT SUX

im running at noosa on sunday and and helping with setup on sat , and getting my typhoon ready .. its the course car

[ img ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:58 pm 

Any idea on how much it is for Spectators at Lakeside? I'd love to come and watch as i've never been to lakeside before and a few friends of mine are also very keen to see this track running again after such a long break...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:50 am 

Quote:
Spectators - Admission is $10 at the gate.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:28 pm 

Sweet as dude. Thanks for that. Will probably see you's out there then.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:32 pm 

L18_B110 wrote:
well here it is, the first timed sprint at Lakeside since the re-opening. And its only $99 for pre-paid entries. That's half of what we've been paying to get on the track through a couple of third parties running untimed track days there! I've faxed my entry in. my advice -get in quick!

come on Jeff - Lakeside on the 14th, Noosa on the 15th, what a weekend!!!

http://www.queenslandraceway.com.au/lak ... index.html
Last time I was at Lakeside it was $45 but $99 is great in 2008! Tell us more about this deal.

The project Z from hell should be road registered next week but it has to be sorted (at QR) before venturing on to slam bang Lakeside, have fun and some videos please :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:13 am 

basically everything I know is in that link.
-road registered cars only - so I'll be in the Supra. the 1200 would be way too loud even if they were allowing unreg cars. I might have to do something about that so I can take it out there for a run.
-AASA licences only, same as QR.
-its a series, but I haven't seen dates for the other rounds.

I'll definitely get some video - but I'll have to find someone who can get it from the camera onto PC...

So what's in your Z? Its a JDM 280Z 2 seater isn't it?
EDIT - nevermind, I just clicked on your link!!! :shock: can't wait to see this thing in the flesh!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:48 pm 

Guys if someone is keen to run at Lakeside on Monday (public holiday) there are 4 spots left at time attack:
Quote:
I have locked in our second Lakeside track day for Monday June 9, on the public holiday. We will be on track from 9am to 4pm.

Your car MUST be under 92db to enter. The test is 8m behind your car, revving at 5000RPM for 5sec. If your car exceeds the noise limit you will not be able to run and will not receive a refund. (I will setup the noise testing again at the May 14 Track Day).

Date: Monday June 9

Arrive: 8:15am for 9am start. The gate will be locked at 9:00am. If you are late you will not be allowed in. No refund given.
Event: 9am to 4pm (single session due to the reduced time available)
Entry List: Maximum of 40 cars in 4 groups of 10
Cost: $195.00 ($180.00 paid members)

Time Attack Team: I need at least 7 team members to man flag points. Last time it worked really well with guys working until lunch and then swapping with others who worked the afternoon. Please let me know if you can come and help for the day or half of the day. Thanks.

Lunch: The 40 pizzas were a huge success last Lakeside day, so we will be doing that again.
Phone Paul on 041 112 7374 ASAP if you're interested.

[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:43 am 

It took me all weekend bit I have the Bride fixed back & Takata harness in the car.

I spent many laps on the wonderful Lakeside Raceway yesterday. Wow what a track. It's surprisingly fast, to the point where I was hitting well over 180kph in the wet!! Dunno what I did in the dry as I was too busy scaring myself learning how hard to push.

Thankfully the track was dry at the start of the day while I was learning the layout, but fairly cold (20deg track temp). About 1/2 way through the morning it started to drizzly and then rain. The Silverstone tarmacs are awesome in the wet and the damp. Even in full rain conditions I was able to push them when the car was pointing straight on the right surface. Looking at them you'd think it's aquaplane heaven, but the only problems were on the old surface with big polished stones after Carosel and coming over Eastern Loop where a new section hasn't been finished and got very slick for all cars. There was a shallow stream of water after Hungry that didn't bother them one bit.

Vance (the other driver of my car) went out in wet conditions, slowly drying. He was very gentle with the car, afraid of putting it into a wall. He had fun but said he'd much prefer learning the car, tyres & track in the dry, though he has raced there before on bikes.

They did have timing there and I did a 1:09 in the cold dry conditions right before it started drizzling. Most other times were 1:18-20 in the wet or learning in the dry.

[ img ]

[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:11 pm 

I think your speedo's busted! :P

which evo hit the wall?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:00 pm 

Spedo works fine mate :thumbsup:

Black EVO8/9. He wasn't too happy. I didn't see it myself as I was on the starter flag, but big scrape down RH side and bent the nose.

[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:13 pm 

I bet he wasn't very happy!

I'm taking the Supra out this Saturday. Hopefully the weather is a bit better than you guys got yesterday. I was out there in the morning taking some photos until it started raining - so I wasn't there long! Had a couple of mates in Zeds running.

well over 180kph is pretty good top speed. that thing must be making some power! My Supra gets a bit over 180kph on the front straight, and pretty much bang on it down into Hungary's. But that was with a passenger.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:53 pm 

I had the white 240Z on my tail in many sessions. I let him & the race commie through a few times until it got wet then I seemed to have more grip or less fear, as I was easily following them down to Hungry.

[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:31 pm 

ah, that's my mate Rob. He's been to Lakeside many times before it closed down so he's got track knowledge, and its a quick Z. Last time at QR sprints he ran a 1:00.6 So you must have been going alright.