Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Interstate engineering
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:11 pm 

Hey guys, wondering if anyone can tell me, what's the validity of an interstate engineers certificate? Reason I ask is I recently picked up a S3 Bluey with FJ20, couple other mods, thats been engineered and rego'd previously in QLD.

Currently unregistered, but I'm looking to change that, so slowly getting it up to RWC, but I'm not sure if I need to get it engineered down here too? No changes have been made since it was originally engineered in QLD. I did some reading a while back which looked like I did need to get it engineered down here, but I just thought I'd see if anyone else had experience on this one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:16 pm 

I dont think QLD blueplates are engineered as such, licensed certifiers who certify to qld light vehicle modification code.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:56 am 

That's pretty much what's required down here too, I don't know what qualification is required of the inspectors, but they basically advise what is required for the car to meet ADR's/remain legal.

As far as I know its at least similar, you go see someone and you pay them money to certify that the work done is compliant with whatever it needs to be compliant with. I guess it just comes down to if there is any differences in the relevant legislation?

Oh yeah, and how much of a prick VicRoads want to be... :roll:

I've factored the cost of engineering in to my budget, I just want to make sure I'm not spending that money when I don't have to...