Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:42 pm 

Are there any good Datsun Wreckers in the Geelong area?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:39 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

i picked up a good 1600 front guard from there a while back.
Cant remember what the place was called tho...
I'll get back to you if i find out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:27 pm 

not that i've found :(
it's luck of the draw if you find a wreker with a datto in it, then the condition can vary for crop to cropper !!! ... alot of the older cars have all been crushed over the last year

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:47 am 

Hi All Yes there was/is a Datto wrecker in Geelong The yard is still there and there are heaps of early parts no 180b guards though .The bloke that owns the yard will only sell to a few people and it usually takes a couple of weeks to get your bits. All the twincarbs 5speeds and performance bits have long gone. If your searching for some bits I have access with the time delay please PM me if your serious and I'll get back to you within a couple of days Cheers OMD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:41 pm 

Thanks for the replies, yes same situation in my area, all the old cars are going to the crusher, parts getting hard to find.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:03 pm 

ooldmandatto, pretty sure i know the place your talking about....are you able to actually walk around the yard or do you have to just go there and ask for a part then wait for him to see if its there?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:36 pm 

sounds like the one !! i'm waiting at the moment for a list of what he's got in the way of A series stuff ...
... waiting .... waiting ....... waiting ..............

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:45 am 

Hi All I believe you are not in the right place .The actual business closed around 4 years ago and all the really good stuff went at that time. Now whats left is whats in the racking inside the shed-- the bloke who owns the stuff wont/wouldn't let anyone walk around the yard even when it was going fullbore in fact it was the ridiculous cost of liability insurance which was the final nail in the coffin and the end of an era.
The owner wouldn't give anyone a list as he knows what hes got by memory only. Cheers OMD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:21 pm 

gds spares is it? something like that

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:41 am 

You could be right !!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:39 pm 

GDS is the one ... Des is the owner and i'm still nagging for a list !!! ... not sure as to why he closed, but he still has easy access to the yard :wink: and yep he still won't let you walk around in there ...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:11 am 

Hi Obsessed Your right it is Des-- I used to be in the shed next door and we did some fitting etc for him .One of the reasons he closed was the high cost of Public Liability Insurance required for a wrecking yard which is why he wont let anyone walk around the yard. You will never get a list -sorry to say- he knows what he has and where it is . If you REALLY need something PM me and I'll see what I can do--NO promises though. Cheers OMD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:38 pm 

he knows everything he has...like the time you asked him for the 1600 hub cabs hey adrian :lol:

why would he say he was going to give a list then?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:12 pm 

Why dont you approach Des with a list of bits you really need and I mean only those bits that are important!!!!! Leave it with him and arrange a suitable time to pick the list up. If you go in demanding you'll get buggerall --- remember you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar OMD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:32 pm 

thanks for the tip OMD, but theres been far from any sort of pressure on him to give me a list ... had a couple good chats with him lately and have told him what i'm interested in and why ... if he gives me a list he does if he doesn't he doesn't ...
i'm only after a single particular item and he doesn't know if he has one and has to go look, i also told him i could be iiterested in other stuff, dependent on what he has ? it's one of those requests ... i don't want anyhting specific but if there's something of interest then it'd be good.
so hopefully this week i'll get past the shop again and see if he's had a chance :D