Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:21 pm 

hay all im from down south adelaide way im looking for a place relitivly close to me to do some work on my fj. here are some performance places ive found im wondering if anyone has delt with the following?? classic performance dyno centre in hackham, south coast performance in hackham, hinrich performance in lonsdale, gtek in lonsdale ? any feedback would be awsome or if you know of anyone in the southern area thats good with the old fj20 cheers guys :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:38 am 

top of my list would have been baz from datsport, if he was interested

S2 TRX: SuckThru Turbo: RETIRED
MR30 Hatch: Daily Driver: SOLD
720 King Cab: Daily Driver V2: SOLD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:46 am 

Hey mate what sort of work do you want to get done?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:30 pm 

well my motor was pritty much up and running. needed some fine tuneing that was 6 months ago, its gotten worse now cos i havnt drove it, so pritty much just get it running sweet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:38 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

I use and recommend John Keen from Southern Hitek Dyno at edwardstown (used to be Darlington Auto Tune, aka 'DAT Racing'). Nick...

I wouldnt recommend Gtek after seeing the dent they put in the firewall of my mates mint 910 SSS to fit an oxygen sensor on a dumpipe which could have easily relocated with a weldon bung etc. :roll:

Last edited by nick on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:09 pm 

nick wrote:
I use and recommend John Keen from Southern Hitek Dyno at edwardstown (used to Darlington Auto Tune, aka 'DAT Racing'). Nick...

I wouldnt recommend Gtek after seeing the dent he put in my mates mint 910 SSS to fit an oxygen sensor on a dumpipe which could have easily relocated with a bung etc. :roll:
cheers for that mate. bummer bout ur mates car

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:42 pm 

As much is Gtek do some average things, Andy knows alot about old dattos, he had had a big part in many over the years, DATZ18 and the hyundai green one with a 300kw 13B, his shed had over 7 1600's in it one day i went over before they started up Gtek, Definatly go to Hitech dyno on south road the keen boys know so much... Adelaide turbo services is his bro Bill and he has so much knowledge and well worth a chat to before making any turbo descisions

I would dent my own car but if i was a customer i would like to know bout it before they dented my pride and joy tho no matter where it is. Dont go to greame west they blew my mates RB20det up in his VL calias on the dyno, thrashed the crap out of it and he could do nothing about it, Hitech are excelent at dyno tunning but very busy... which in a way is good

What ECU you got? I get my EMS done at Boostin Oz in Salisbury, but he is the agent for them in SA and they are good to deal with

Go for max with bolt ons, the FJ if tuned correct is almost bullet proof and it should handle over 20psi for short bursts on stock internals, try to avoid driving without a good tune

Sweet another FJ in SA wouldnt mind getting them all together one day

Simon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:02 am 

DATWILLDECM8 wrote:
As much is Gtek do some average things, Andy knows alot about old dattos, he had had a big part in many over the years, DATZ18 and the hyundai green one with a 300kw 13B, his shed had over 7 1600's in it one day i went over before they started up Gtek, Definatly go to Hitech dyno on south road the keen boys know so much... Adelaide turbo services is his bro Bill and he has so much knowledge and well worth a chat to before making any turbo descisions

I would dent my own car but if i was a customer i would like to know bout it before they dented my pride and joy tho no matter where it is. Dont go to greame west they blew my mates RB20det up in his VL calias on the dyno, thrashed the crap out of it and he could do nothing about it, Hitech are excelent at dyno tunning but very busy... which in a way is good

What ECU you got? I get my EMS done at Boostin Oz in Salisbury, but he is the agent for them in SA and they are good to deal with

Go for max with bolt ons, the FJ if tuned correct is almost bullet proof and it should handle over 20psi for short bursts on stock internals, try to avoid driving without a good tune

Sweet another FJ in SA wouldnt mind getting them all together one day

Simon
cheers for that info mate its the standard ecu