Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:15 am 

Unfortunatly I'll most probably be spectating my self now at Powercruise. My baby is sick with the a head flew and the radiator full of brown snot. Thanks alot Barry for the brilliant tune, oh & setting the thermo @ 90deg you tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :chaching: :chaching: :chaching:

[ img ]
76 180B Wagon FJ20e, LT8 -daily
83 DR30RS FJ20et, GT35/40, 45mm Turbo Smart waste gate, 35mm Sard BOV, 356rwhp @ 19psi.

GO HARD or GO HOME, GO SIDEWAYS or GO SQUARE

Post subject: Re: POWERCRUISE 15 PERTH
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:59 pm 

dezza when did he do the tune? when i went down there? how long ago was that? if it's under 3 months he has to warrent his work and any damages.... threaten ombudsman or fair trading and make him fix it!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:05 pm 

mate i don't like the chances.

it's not like he's having a standard car tuned, like putting LS1 edit on a stock VY. it's an FJ20 in a 180B - no ombudsman is gonna think "oh yeah, it was the tuner's fault" because technicall HyperDrive are the tuners, Barry's Dyno tuned it further. who do you blame?

too hard basket and not worth your already precious time and effort.

***OUT OF ACTION***

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:36 pm 

Pro wrote:
mate i don't like the chances.

it's not like he's having a standard car tuned, like putting LS1 edit on a stock VY. it's an FJ20 in a 180B - no ombudsman is gonna think "oh yeah, it was the tuner's fault" because technicall HyperDrive are the tuners, Barry's Dyno tuned it further. who do you blame?

too hard basket and not worth your already precious time and effort.
Yes Hyperdrive installed and tuned Engine but that tune was lost M/T reinstalled a base tune then barrie tuned from there.
I lay the BLAME fairly with Barrie it's just hard to prove that he stuffed the tuning UP.

Hyperdrive are looking @ barries tune on Saturday to see they can find something that may have caused the head gasket to blow due to detination(tuning).
Quote:
it's an FJ20 in a 180B - no ombudsman is gonna think "oh yeah, it was the tuner's fault"
Yeh right good on you. Barrie is an expert on mirco tech and should know WTF he's doing if he's **** it, he's resposable regardless of what Hyperdrive did previously as there tune worked and worked really well (PRO you call vouch for that fact hey)

[ img ]
83 DR30RS FJ20et, GT35/40, 45mm Turbo Smart waste gate, 35mm Sard BOV, 356rwhp @ 19psi.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:02 pm 

mate I know the story. anyone in the car industry knows the story. we understand who's to blame.

you have to deal with an independant body to lay any kind of formal complaint.

what if they turn around and ask why the factory management wasn't used? then mention that the use of an aftermarket management system for road use is illegal anyway? :blahblah:

i know the system dude - if you get tangled in it, you'll have no case. let it lie and see what hyperdrive can do.

***OUT OF ACTION***

Post subject: POWERCRUISE 15 PERTH
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:54 pm 

dont all tuners have like massive disclamer's

a mates car went to hyperdrive and got a tune , ran like crap less power , rang em up and they didnt realy wanna know about it, lucky he had all the old setting on paper and set it all back to how it was and was all good

XR8 tow car
stocko 1200 ute

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:05 pm 

this is one of the main reasons i think dyno tuning is a waste of money.

***OUT OF ACTION***

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:38 pm 

explain your findings pro?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:22 pm 

this is very literally the 7th person to report crap results with dyno tuning. ALL of them fitted a microtech as well, ALL of them were done on different dynos (not 7 dynos, but 4 shops across 7 cars).

ALL people said the difference between the base tune and the drive home was great.

ALL people said that after they further tuned it with their own "seat of pants" driving (pulling some timing out to improve idle, leaning it up a bit for more power etc) it went even better.

then they changed something. the exhaust, or the injectors after upping the boost, or the turbo, or made a custom inlet plenum - they al changed something and had the shop that did the change dyno tune it for "optimum performance."

"seat of pants" power went backwards in EVERY case. sure, they ALL squeezed more top end power out of it but they were all slower to drive.

one guy i know in an RX3 lost a whole second over the 1320ft :!: another guy in a CA18 corolla was blowing flames on overrun and fouling plugs. another guy i know with an FJ20E in a 180B wagon did a headgasket.

thems my findings. guilty as charged.

***OUT OF ACTION***

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:03 am 

if you can get a tuner who knows what they are doing and tunes the car to all throttle positions and not just WOT, then the results are a lot better, but i suppose thats why a lot of good tuners have a name for themselves, and demand the $$$

i've learnt how to basic tune a Wolf V500a dn a mircotech, very easy to use, esp with a laptop, helps that mates dad has a dyno and sells WOLF ECU's, he's always happy for us to go on the dyno and learn how to use the gear - only if it's one of his cars though :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:13 pm 

there is something in the there tho Aaron.

in the middle with people changing things. that could have been the start, and the changed item and varied tune for top power figures pushed it over the top.

if people are having so many troubles why isn't this being taken further?

PS: Carby fed FTMFW!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:32 pm 

Pro wrote:
this is very literally the 7th person to report crap results with dyno tuning. ALL of them fitted a microtech as well, ALL of them were done on different dynos (not 7 dynos, but 4 shops across 7 cars).

ALL people said the difference between the base tune and the drive home was great.

ALL people said that after they further tuned it with their own "seat of pants" driving (pulling some timing out to improve idle, leaning it up a bit for more power etc) it went even better.

then they changed something. the exhaust, or the injectors after upping the boost, or the turbo, or made a custom inlet plenum - they al changed something and had the shop that did the change dyno tune it for "optimum performance."

"seat of pants" power went backwards in EVERY case. sure, they ALL squeezed more top end power out of it but they were all slower to drive.

one guy i know in an RX3 lost a whole second over the 1320ft :!: another guy in a CA18 corolla was blowing flames on overrun and fouling plugs. another guy i know with an FJ20E in a 180B wagon did a headgasket.

thems my findings. guilty as charged.
Arron you ever put me that Category again, as I have told any one who has cared to listen I ONLY CHANGED 3 ITEMS THERMO FAN 90 to 80, REV LIMIT 7500 to 6500 and REV CUT 8500 to 7000 AFTER SHE OVERHEATED on a COLD NIGHT. Which was what they set to by Hyperdrive originaly.

This sort of CRAP pisses me off greatly.

[ img ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:54 pm 

precisely Deza! exactly my sentiment - just changed something. anything. then it was dynotuned to sort a few bugs out and lo and behold - now the car isn't as good as it was when it went in.

technically your car should be a screamer. but it aint. you've had to revert back to the original settings just to get some driveability back.

i'm calling it how i see it. and Dez, you got fkd over.

***OUT OF ACTION***

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:47 pm 

my cats breath smells like cat food :giggle:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:45 pm 

Bwaaahaaaaahaaa, ahh choonk gold from Ralph Wiggum, I like it. Anyone remember my FJ 1600 after a tune by ""paedophile pete at PSI, I believe the term was "like the Hilton sisters, rich & dirty" ,the car ran like a pig, I had it retuned at T&R Greene (TRG) and it was fantastic after that, u just need to find a tuner that knows and understands your brand of ECU, has a good name and pay what it takes to get the job done, u also have to stipulate to the tuner what sort of drivability, power delivery etc that u want. PSI was like $400 for what was basically a sh*t dirty tune and $500 for TRG which was as sweet as, and they didn't treat me like I was retarded like that kiddie fiddler twat Brett from PSI.

And yeh Deza u got ripped, I personally wont eve use/recommend Barries Dyno after your experience.

I HAVE SPOKEN BITCHES

Formally: 510 L22B twin webber terror
510 FJ20et (510 FJ)